HomeQ&AFidalgo will be absent

Fidalgo will be absent

30

A few hours ago, I was doing the last flashcards. I'm thankful to Nametaken who is the creator of almost all of them for what I learned at that time. And it may be the last activity of mine before an absence.

I have to be absent from our website for a long time (at least 6 months). Many other things needed to be spending a huge time to complete and I can't have as much time for Spanish language as I did. On the other hand, I also want to take a rest after everything I have done on our website (of course, with your good helps). And that's why I decide not to be here for a while.

On this Oct 29th, it will be a year since the day I signed up my SpanishDict account. In less than a year, I'm glad that I've been awarded some important badges of our website and many others. But in my opinion, the kind words and the maningful comments and posts from you are the most important I have earned.

In flashcards section, I have been at the first place of the all-time leaderboard but I can't think that's a purpose. In my opinion, if a flashcard is good, there's no reason why we won't do it. Let's try to do it as perfectly as we can. I really think all of you can be successful in doing the flashcards if you are interested in it.

In the answer section, I'm thankful to the creators of all the good interesting exercises as well as all of you who have help me improve my Spanish and my English a lot. Thanks for your good ideas.

About the milestones and the badges, as I say above, I don't think them and points, reputation are the purposes to do. Before I did Nametaken's flashcards, what I had thought was that I couldn't leave without completing her excellent flashcards (without considering whether such a decision would let me be back to that first place). The numbers are for fun, not the ideal of our life.

Among everyone here, let me thank to Heidi, a good educator who spends a great deal of her time to help us correct our study every day. Thank you for the good audios and excercises.

And about a notable user, let me give my best regards to Marianne, you are really a good "mother" with all the young members. Without you, we have lost a great source of knowledge.

It is true that there are still many things here I don't have enough time to complete though they may be my decisions. To open a thread about Heidi' 150 K is what I have thought. I have not completed all the lessons of our website and I'll try to complete it. Since I am not an English native speaker, I think there have been some problems/ troubles when contacting SpanishDict members. Once I didn't understand what Marianne said (in English), and I didn't know that was a request. And I'm sorry in advance about that.

Many months later, there will be many new parties on our website. I'm sorry that I won't be here to celebrate you for what you'll get. I wish you, the congratulated person, a nice party; I'm happy for you and give you all the kindest words.

And above all, to all SpanishDict members, i'm thankful to you in advance for everything helpful you have done for our website. I respect you for your great love with Spanish and English languages. I wish you all the successes in your study as well as in your life.

Since today I will be absent. People spend 4 years on waiting for a World Cup. And a high school student is still a child if he never leaves his home to know the width of the outside world. Every festival has its ending. I hope I'll be here soon.

Best regards,

updated AGO 7, 2011
edited by 00494d19
posted by Fidalgo
Thank you for your kind words, fidalgo, and I am sure you wont be able to stay away;) thanks for all your invaluable help, the work you did on a-z threads...omg - 00494d19, JUL 13, 2010

14

We'll see if you can stay away from this site for 6 months. I doubt it. I think that they put something in the water here. They make you keep coming back.

Best of luck.

updated DIC 17, 2010
Yeah u r right ;) - Dua_Cairo, JUL 13, 2010
I know all about that. - eric_collins, JUL 13, 2010
Water, what water? I didn't get any water! It just doesn't pay to be late! - LateToDinner, JUL 13, 2010
13

Happy Trails, friend. We'll leave the light on for you. grin

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by Gekkosan
What a great post Gek! - Yeser007, JUL 13, 2010
I agree with yesero :) - 00b6f46c, AGO 23, 2010
9

Fidalgo,

This is extremely sad news. This site just won't be the same without you, even if it is only for six months or so.

However, I do respect the fact that you are doing what is best for you and for your life at this time. I am also thankful that you are caring enough to let us all know of your plans to be away for awhile.

My thoughts and prayers go with you for this next stage of your life. You have been such a valuable member of the Spanishdict.family and you will remain so. For now, I will imagine you as a family member going away for an extended trip and I am looking forward to your return, anxiously waiting to hear of all the exciting things that are going on in your life.

This is not a "good bye". This is just me wishing you well until we meet in the forum again mi amigo. smile

Abrazos,

Nicole

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by Nicole-B
9

Le estás dando las gracias a todo el mundo! Pues, Hay mucha gente aqui a quienes te quieren dar la gracias profundamente a ti. Incluso yo! Sabaduria,y bien talante tienes. Siempre estabas dispuesto a corregirnos y dar surgerencias positivas. Por mi parte, gracias y espero tu returno sea lo mas pronto posible.

You are thanking everyone Well, there are many people here who deeply want to thank you, including myself. You have shown knowledge and good humor. You were always disposed to correct us and make suggestions. Thank you and I hope your return will be as soon as possible.

updated DIC 17, 2010
edited by 002262dd
posted by 002262dd
8

Fidalgo, you are the sweetest person in this forum. I'll miss you .....

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by Benz
7

Hi Fidalgo,

First of all i want to say 'THANKS' for all your help. And we will definitely miss you. We understand, that there are other things that need your time..... and Good Luck with that. Hope you will be back soon

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by Vaanz
7

It is not possible for you to miss us as much as we will miss you! I am too new here to be deserving of the graciousness you have bequeathed the membership in general. I hope that by the time you return, that may have changed. Many of us will continue to quote you and praise you in your absence. Be well and return when you can.

Before I had enough rep to even vote for a question, you sent me a PM thanking me for an answer! You will always be part of why I hang around here. Thank you.

updated DIC 17, 2010
edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
7

Fidalgo, I don't know you, really, but reading your parting speech makes me miss you despite the lack of a friendship between us! You will be greatly missed here, I can tell. Best wishes, my friend!

updated DIC 17, 2010
edited by megan5
posted by megan5
7

Farewell Fidalgo, I will miss you and will await your safe return. Take care until next time. Adiós, Amigo from Sandy

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by sanlee
7

We will miss you my friend.

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by billy-jones
7

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Fi,Te voy a echar mucho de menos,Este foro no será lo mismo sin ti,pero te deseo todo lo mejor,Gracias niño! Vuelve pronto y no nos olvides¡Nosotros no lo haremos.

Un gran beso.Meli.

¡Vuela alto,siempre!

I'm going to miss you Fi, This forum not will be the same thing without you.I wish the better for you! Back soon and don't forget us, we don't forget you-It is sure-.!

Kisses for you. Meli

updated DIC 17, 2010
edited by melipiru
posted by melipiru
7

Fidalgo, just be sure to come back as soon as you can. It would be nice though if you can drop by once in a while.

By the way, before you take your leave, do you think you can teach me that trick on how to make one lose points instead of gain them when they get votes? I'd like to experiment on Heidita's points. jejeje

Take care, amigo! alt text

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by Rikko
I can teach you that one i di it all the time - ray76, JUL 13, 2010
Great, Ray! Do you think that between the 2 of us, we can get Heidita's points down to zero? - Rikko, JUL 13, 2010
I am speaking of possibilities not walking on water!!! - ray76, JUL 13, 2010
Well, we can stay on land and work on those loaves and fishes. - Rikko, JUL 14, 2010
7

I didn't really get to know you, but you did answer a lot of the questions I asked, and I wanted to tell you that I really appreciate all the help you gave me. I wish you luck.

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by Jsanthara
7

OH dear Fidalgo , sounds like an ABBA song! I hate saying good bye to people I love when the years have accumulated there is always the possibility that we may not meet again, so I hope perhaps that Q is right and whatever is in the water will work its magic on you and send you back real soon , I shall miss you mate , but I hope you achieve success in whatever you do, . Be well and happy and free from suffering. Ray. A. cool smile

updated DIC 17, 2010
posted by ray76
Like an ABBA song, Ray? Which one, Fernando? Hmmm... Hmmm??? :) - Rikko, JUL 13, 2010
Yes that is the one I could not quite get it out , it is going around and around in my head now I saw the stage show ABBA and have loved their songs ever since, which is wierd because popular music is not my bag,, - ray76, JUL 13, 2010
Mamma mia, Ray! I was hoping Chiquitita or Dancing Queen. I think you got your Waterloo there with Fernando. - Rikko, JUL 14, 2010
7

Este sitio web no va a ser lo mismo sin ti, Fidalgo; para mi eres uno de más simpáticos aquí...

Espero que te volvemos a ver pronto, mientras tanto, ¡cuídate mucho y buena suerte! smile

updated DIC 17, 2010
edited by luz_72
posted by luz_72