HomeQ&AHow would i say "I wanted to try"?

How would i say "I wanted to try"?

1

Please could someone help me with how to say: "I wanted to try", in the context of having just said that: sorry my Spanish is bad but i wanted to try. Thanks Cardiff smile

edited by Cardiff1985
posted by Cardiff1985
Yes, I believe that "quise" would be the option in that context. "Quise intentarlo" - I wanted to try (it) - mountaingirl123, JUL 11, 2010
or another English translation - "Quise intentarlo" - "I attempted (to try) it." - mountaingirl123, JUL 11, 2010
thank you very much :) - Cardiff1985, JUL 11, 2010

2

Hi, Cardiff.

A little context would help with the proper translation, but - generally speaking - you are looking at either "Quise intentar/intentarlo" or "Quería intentar/intentarlo"

If it was a one-time desire to try, such as "I decided to try it" you would use "quise", whereas if it was a long-time desire to try it, such as "Yes, I always wanted to try that", go with "quería"

Once again, if you want to be more specific with the context, please add that to your post.

posted by mountaingirl123
Thank you mountaingirl :). I've added the context.So from what you've said, would it be "Quise intentar"? - Cardiff1985, JUL 11, 2010
0

Also very common in Mexico "Quería hacer la lucha." "I wanted to make the effort."

posted by 005faa61
0

"quise* has the implication that you tried and failed. while ""quería"is simply statement your intention at the time.

posted by samdie