HomeQ&AWhat does it mean:" ¿De qué trata esta película? "

What does it mean:" ¿De qué trata esta película? "

4

In your dictionary 'trata' means 'slave trade' - I'm confused. Thanks for your help.

posted by Kitten2101

5

The verb

tratar

when used with

de

has the meaning of

to speak about, to have as a subject

Hence the meaning: What is this movie about? smile

posted by Kiwi-Girl
2

The English "treat" is related to the Spanish "tratar". One can say, in English, "What subject does this movie treat?". ("What's this movie about?" is far more common) but the former is entirely correct.

posted by samdie
2

¿De qué se trata .....

posted by margaretbl
2

I sometimes think that the easer way to learn other language is whitout translation, so i always try to invent a little story sometimes funny and easy to understand however i usually do not know if Irealy it can help you, so please give me a comment

Yo en ocasiones voy con mis amigos a ver películas al cine, a mi me gustan las de acción y mis amigos prefieren románticas, pero siempre nos ponemos de acuerdo y elegimos una muy divertida, pero en ocasiones yo no entiendo muy bien la historia de la película porque me distraigo muy rápido y me pierdo las partes mas importantes e interesantes, y cuando la película ya ha terminado siempre le estoy preguntando a mis amigos. De que trato la película? , porfavor digan me porque gano el malo en la película? y ellos se burlas porque no recuerdo de que se trato la película.

Es importante poner atención cuando ves una película de esa forma tu podrás saber de que trato la película

posted by adnmiky
1

It means "What's this movie about" and it's from the verb tratar. But that is really funny that "trata" means slave trade, I didn't know that it had a noun form that was so esoteric.

posted by jeezzle
De que se trata..... - 005faa61, JUL 11, 2010
I agree with you Julian but apparently it is said both ways. - jeezzle, JUL 12, 2010
1

Thank you for your little story. I think it's a very good idea for learning any language but I think you need to be a little bit more advanced to really apprecite it. I'm a begginer and I was trying to understand one sentence...now I ended up with a whole story grin

posted by Kitten2101
1

Thank you ! grin and I thought it's something about a movie about the slave... red face

posted by Kitten2101
lol :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 11, 2010
1

"What's this movie about?"

edited by Deanski
posted by Deanski
0

It means what is this movie about ?

posted by kand2