HomeQ&A¡...y mañana!

¡...y mañana!

2

I am not sure if this is a question unless I got something wrong here.

Conversationally,

Buenas dias  -- good morning

hasta mañana -- until tomorrow

I saw some flash cards a few days ago and I saw la noche with a picture of a horizon with a sun just over it and the word is mañana. Tomorrow? and then I read just now.

...por las mañanas --- in the mornings

Mañanas, tomorrow, can also mean morning!

posted by aprender100

3

Yes, partly. Mañana by itself means tomorrow. La mañana with the article "la" in front of it means morning.

I'm not native, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted by megan5
You are not wrong! - Silvia, JUL 10, 2010
Thanks for the answer and the explanation. Now I know to look for the article! - aprender100, JUL 10, 2010
You're welcome :) I try to help when I can, with what little bit I know about the Spanish language haha - megan5, JUL 10, 2010
1

Veo 'mañana' todos partes ahora. I see "tomorrow" everywhere now!

Nosotros veiamos el barco cada mañana. We would see the boat each morning.

Cada isn't a article. I don't know enough grammar here, but it seems if there is a word to introduce mañana then it is morning except for "el". grin

edited by aprender100
posted by aprender100
Do you mean 'el barco?" the cada is agreeing with mañana but I also saw an instance of 'el mañ..' that was not 'el día de mañ'. You are right it will pop up for us and we will get it. - margaretbl, JUL 11, 2010
I revised it. Thank 8D. - aprender100, JUL 11, 2010
0

El mañana means tomorrow as La mañana means morning

edited by epicfail
posted by epicfail
El mañana seems strange because tomorrow is used much more as an adverb than as a noun. - 0074b507, JUL 11, 2010
It's the name of a song by one of my favorite bands. - epicfail, JUL 12, 2010
0

Imway I think you are meaning 'el día de mañana' which means 'future' or 'in the future' there is no 'el mañana'

posted by margaretbl
Our Dictionary just mentions that mañana is a masculine noun when it means "tomorrow". It give no examples of el mañana. James Bond's Tomorrow Never Dies is El mañana nunce muere, but I don't trust anything I find online. El mañana es... - 0074b507, JUL 11, 2010
suficiente tiempo para... El mañana será un mejor día?? Looks weird, but so does a lot of Spanish. - 0074b507, JUL 11, 2010