HomeQ&AWhere In The World Would You Like To Go?

Where In The World Would You Like To Go?

20

Come on everybody! Think of a place in the world you would like to go or have been to that relates to the Spanish culture.

posted by eric_collins

9

I've been to Peru, Argentina, Columbia, Bolivia, and Peru (Spanish speaking countries). I would say my heart lies within Peru, although the other places are nice too. I'm gonna say Cusco and Lima , both very different and helpful with your journey into the Spanish langauge if not for the different angles on Spanish, regional dielect, vocab, phrases. You'll be amazed at what South America has to offer

posted by kayce80
13

Patagonia. Siempre he querido ir allí. Mirad:

posted by MacFadden
It's amazing! - Kitten2101, JUL 11, 2010
Yes! I would love to take a horseback riding tour of Patagonia. The best time to go is January, and Equitours offers them (or at least did last year). - Echoline, JUL 13, 2010
Chile es hermoso...... - timmyspanish, JUL 26, 2010
Incredible...so beautiful! - Lucrecia, JUL 26, 2010
yo también quiero ir a Patagónia! Es bonito! Me gustaría escalar montañas y montar un caballo allí. - Ziboka, JUL 26, 2010
those are amazing photos--so much I have not seen!! - teresa3101, JUL 30, 2010
10

I like to see Mexico

y Galápagos Islands islands...

posted by Vaanz
But, eric, i guess there is already a thread for this - Vaanz, JUL 10, 2010
7

First on my list is Sc-nthorpe, North Lincs., England. smile Long story! I had to spell it wrong because this site thinks it is a dirty word. >.<

edited by 003487d6
Hahaha! That's funny, about the spelling! - Sheily, JUL 10, 2010
Ah, once again, well-intentioned but incompetent programmers (or the people who supplied the specifications). - samdie, JUL 11, 2010
I've been there! :) - Cardiff1985, JUL 15, 2010
6

These places seem really cool. Any other exotic and cool places?

posted by eric_collins
6

Mi esposa y yo emprenderemos un viaje a Granada, España el octubre que viene. El año pasado fuimos a Barcelona, España.

My wife and I will set off for Granada, Spain, this coming October. Last year we went to Barcelona.

edited by 002262dd
posted by 002262dd
Sounds wonderful! By the way, I believe octubre should not be written with a capital letter. - Sheily, JUL 10, 2010
I really love Granada. Make sure that you allow lots of time for your trip to the Alhambra. :) - peregrinamaria, JUL 13, 2010
Do you need a bagboy?!! I think I can link it up with my students and principal at my school!!!!!!!!! ;) - Jason7R, JUL 13, 2010
6

I would like to return to Guam sometime. There are alot of Spanish influences there.link textSee this link

edited by sanlee
posted by sanlee
5

Next January my husband and I are returning to Costa Rica with an eye toward possibly spending at least part of the year there. There is a small town in the Central Highlands, about 40 miles SW of the capital city called Santiago de Puriscal. There are few expats there, but what is there is absolutely beautiful weather almost year-round. It is a quiet, peaceful place, and good if you like to spend your life with books, horses, dogs and not too much commotion. But if you are looking for a vacation, Barcelona is a spectacular city (although the official language is Catalan they will understand your Spanish or often your English.) Madrid and Toledo are wonderful....Madrid for its world-class museums, good food and good vibes and Toledo because it is beautiful.

posted by Echoline
Yeah , you are absolutely right about Catalanes!!! :)) They'd be more pleased if you people speak English there!! Well, When I was there the answers to my spanish quest.s were almost all in english!! :))) - culé, JUL 30, 2010
5

Yes! I would like to go to Cancun! Lots of wild college parties at night and pretty suntaning on the beach of the days for me to do. It sounds like heaven almost.

posted by HollyJ
My aunt has been to Cancun it is a very nice place. - eric_collins, JUL 15, 2010
5

I've thought about Peru or Costa Rica.

posted by aprender100
5

I have a few lines of lineage from Spain, one day I would like to see where a large portion of my family came from. I wanted to go to a little village North East of Peru for an engineering project, but my plans fell through. I went to Mexico for a bit, as is obligatory of all Texans, but not very long and not very far past the border.

posted by Fredbong
5

Voy a visitar la ciudad de Habana, Cuba, en noviembre para continuar mis estudios españoles.

I'm going to visit Havana, Cuba, in November to continue my spanish studies.

edited by Sheily
posted by Sheily
Sad to say but my Spanish studies can't leave my house because my parents won't take me nowhere Spanish related :( - eric_collins, JUL 10, 2010
Could you take some classes in your area? - Sheily, JUL 10, 2010
"won't take me anywhere ..." - samdie, JUL 11, 2010
I have been there and it was an amazing cultural experience for me. I know you will have an amazing time there. - Brynleigh, JUL 24, 2010
4

In addition to the many Spanish speaking countries I've dreamed of visiting, I have always wanted to see American Samoa, which is a small island in the South Pacific. I know some musician friends from there and every time they speak of "their island", it sounds so amazing.

posted by Nicole-B
Oh my god! This place tells me to leave the life and go there!!!! - culé, JUL 30, 2010
4

¡Quiero ir a España! -- I want to go to Spain!!!

In fact, I have to go to Spain, because of the international studies program I am currently enrolled in at university. (I did this so my parents don't have a reason to keep me from going xD) But, hopefully, I will also be able to go with an organization called YWAM. You should check it out! Anyway, I cannot wait to go and spend some time immersed in the culture. I'm hoping it will help improve my Spanish a great deal!

posted by megan5
3

There is a small island off the coast of Cancun called Isla Mujeres. I have spent a few vacations there and I am considering that as a place to retire.

posted by kerflop
"Woman" island? - book me a ticket!!! - patch, JUL 26, 2010
It is pretty awesome... Very laid back, beautiful beaches and some wonderful resturants. I can't wait till my next vacation. - kerflop, JUL 28, 2010
hahaha :D for me book one as well!!! Actually I've always dreamed about a place whose sea is like this!!!! I'm going to add this place to my vocation list!!! - culé, JUL 30, 2010