HomeQ&AHow does one search to see if a question has already been asked?

How does one search to see if a question has already been asked?

4

How does one do a search to see if a question has already been asked?

posted by Nise
How would I 'green check mark this question? - Nise, JUL 28, 2010
I just saw the green box 'accept', but its not always available is it? - Nise, JUL 28, 2010
It only appears on the answers to the questions you have asked, you won't see it on questions, and you won't see it if someone else asked the question. - LateToDinner, JUL 28, 2010

2

When you click on the Answers tab, there is a search box there in the upper right corner just below Questions.

And you have to be creative in your search because there is often no rhyme or reason to how the question was asked in its many variations.

You are probably asking about the 'questions in small font.' Searching 'small font' will give you an answer, searching 'smaller font' gives you another. "light font' yet another (actually several)

"The link into some of the questions is not working" takes a little more searching but covers the same info.

Get creative and HappyHunting.

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
I am not getting the 'small font' business, but I imagine once I've used search once or twice it will be, 'mas claro que el agua. - Nise, JUL 10, 2010
Sounds like a lot of work and time; I wonder if there would be a way to simplify the search - categorizing under some words or something. - Nise, JUL 10, 2010
That would mean a human sitting there, viewing every question, and cataloging each question. Could we interest you in doing that, it would really be a big help. - LateToDinner, JUL 10, 2010
1

The search function doesn't always work that well. You need to try as many variations of keywords as you can.

If you don't get any results, post your question, and someone will tell you if its a duplicate.

posted by fontanero
That works, you just need to brace yourself, sometimes that input is gentler than othert times! - LateToDinner, JUL 11, 2010
1
Gratias Heidita! Me gusta aprender! - Nise, JUL 10, 2010
1

There is a search bar right below the green "Ask a Question" button on the main answers page (the one you pushed to ask this question).

posted by Jsanthara
Jsanthara, I will go have a peek, and surely find it to be right there! Gratias! - Nise, JUL 10, 2010
1

At the top of the answers page, right under the 'Categories' display tab, you will see a search box. Just type in some key words and peruse them.

posted by MacFadden