HomeQ&A¿Qué será esto?(35)¡Ya resuelto!

¿Qué será esto?(35)¡Ya resuelto!

6

**¡Aquí está objeto misterioso numero 35! Resuelto de Margaret!

Esta foto muestra una "parte" de un objeto misterioso de mi vida real.

¿El desafío? - Adivina cuál es el objeto y la funciona del objeto.

(This photo shows a "part" of a mystery object from my life. The challenge? Guess what the object is and the function of the object.

If you can, post in Spanish and English, and, if clues are needed I will post them "along the way" so keep your eyes "peeled"!

Encontraría este objeto misterioso en muchos jardines a lo largo de Australia.

edited by nonombre
posted by nonombre
buena pista Annie, pero todavía ni idea - Yeser007, JUL 9, 2010
Hola yesero :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
These games are fun, I hope some more people vote for you. I don't know why people are stingy with the free votes. They don't cost a dime. - jeezzle, JUL 9, 2010
Gracias por tú complido jeezzle :o .. (I get a kick out of posting..and the banter :o ) - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
And the practice is good - when someone suggests something only in "English" I will look up the word and "try" and reply in Spanish :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
Estoy dispuesto para lo próximo. - jeezzle, JUL 9, 2010
I live in chicago, and when I figure out how to, I'll send you all the rain snow and cold you can want, also have an over abundance of mosquitos if you need some. - albert-fabrik-, JUL 9, 2010
Albert - what a lovely thought - we'll take the rain...might give the mozzies a miss :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010

3

Por fin he pensado en algo, ¿es un barril para la lluvia? confused question

posted by margaretbl
I don't get it. What do you do with the rain once you have it? Drink it? - jeezzle, JUL 9, 2010
Margaret - ¡Bien hecho!. Mi OM es "el agua e lluvia tanque" (I hope that's right - it's a rainwater tank. Explicaré muy pronto :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
¡yupi! ¡yupi! que estupendo, gracias Annie, (como si acabo de ganar la loteria, jeje) - margaretbl, JUL 9, 2010
Well done Margaret - have a look at the last post - I've added some extra "info":o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
And for jeezzle - yes we can drink it, use it on the garden or to wash the car - don't forget we are one of the driest countries on earth :( - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
You just beat me by a whisker Margaret, well done you little tinker! - ray76, JUL 9, 2010
3

Quizás,lo usan en Australia para regar las flores en el jardín o para filtrar agua sucia o limpia por causa de los hoyos en el tubo central de metal

= (My guess) Perhaps they use it to water the flowers in the garden or to filter dirty or clean water because of the holes in the central metal tube ???

I have no idea if I am close or not as I have never previously lived in Australia or seen anthing like it before. I could be 'way off beam' with my guess lol

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
Hola Feliz - gran adivina - vas por el buen camino. Mi OM tiene algo qu ver con "agua" pero necesito más información :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
agua sucia o limpia..de los hoyos - 00494d19, JUL 10, 2010
Gracias Heidita - FELIZ77, JUL 10, 2010
3

Bien hecho Margaret...

My mystery object is a rainwater tank. This one holds approximately 30,000 litres of water.

We are such a dry country and almost always in "drought". Where I live, if you build a new home, it is compulsory to have one of these tanks installed on your property - and also compulsory to have fittings that the local fire services can utilise..just in case...

-----------------alt text

posted by nonombre
Wow, huge, I hope it is brimming over for you this year. - margaretbl, JUL 9, 2010
Thanks Margaret - this one is not actually in my garden - my garden is way too small :( This one is at one of the local clubs :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
un tanque de agua de lluvia:) - 00494d19, JUL 10, 2010
2

Escusado quimico para algun tipo de extraterrestre. Chemical toilet for some kind of alien. Looks like I'm finally gonna win another one of these!

posted by jeezzle
Hola jeezzle - Mm.."extraterrestre" - pues tenemos muchos "extraños" en las montañas azules...pero tristemente mi OM es usado de las gentes común. (great answer though) - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
por la gente - 00494d19, JUL 10, 2010
2

Is it the bottom of a flower pot; the hole the water drains through?

shut eye

posted by Delores--Lindsey
Buen intento Delores - pero no, su respuesta no es correcto :( - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
2

The winding mechanism for the hose , you pull it out then wind it back.

posted by ray76
Hola Ray - Mi OM no tiene nada que ver con los mangueras - pero buen intento :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
2

A Canon to shoot the Possums when they are eating your mangoes .

posted by ray76
Oh possum - I do have possums - don't have mangoes - too bloody cold - and I certainly don't have a canon - although I do have little yapping dogs next door - so a canon would sometimes be handy... - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
Hey Annie, watch it!!! I have a little yappy dog:) - Yeser007, JUL 9, 2010
Do you? But does it yap all night and keep neighbours awake? I have four next door to me :( - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
Amazing i have the same Flamin dog I am playing Loud Opera music to drown the mongrel out but maybe ishould drown it, barking dogs are my Bette noir. - ray76, JUL 9, 2010
Well no, I do keep her in check because I hate yapping also:) - Yeser007, JUL 9, 2010
I do not mind a big loud Woof Woof , but not the emotionaly compromised little Yapperssss!!! - ray76, JUL 9, 2010
2

A water tank to catch the run off from your roof.

posted by ray76
Oh no, lo siento Ray, estabas pensando al mismo momento! - margaretbl, JUL 9, 2010
Ray - pipped at the post :( - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
1

¡Pista numero 1!

posted by nonombre
1

Septic Tank, or a dry composting dunny.

edited by ray76
posted by ray76
1

It looks like a platter for serving bugs. The hole in the middle is actually an escape hatch for the ones playing possum to escape so your guests are not nauseated by the thoughts of being served live bugs. (Hola Annie, I guess I'm going to have to get in touch with my girly side to answer this one )

posted by albert-fabrik-
opps I forgot to mention that it looks like somebody missed one, do you think you could save it for me ? - albert-fabrik-, JUL 9, 2010
Hola Albert - muy creativo - merece un voto :o (And by the way - you do not need a girly side for this answer :o ) - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
0

I said that I'd have to get in touch with my girly side to solve this one, I should have stuck with my intuition, The only people that I know that collect rain water are women that say its the best thing you can use to wash your hair, or those that have not paid their water bill.

posted by albert-fabrik-
Albert - not here Albert - many people here collect and store "rainwater" - in some places it's compulsory :o - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010
extra flag :( - Silvia, JUL 10, 2010
lol, great answer albert, jejej, rainwater IS the best for hair! lol - 00494d19, JUL 10, 2010
Hhahahhaa rainwater for hair? I have never heard that one before - FELIZ77, JUL 10, 2010
0

Is it a compost container ?

posted by albert-fabrik-
Mi OM no tiene nada que ver con abono orgánico (o gusanos).... - nonombre, JUL 9, 2010