HomeQ&AToday I decided to...

Today I decided to...

0

Estoy tratando aprender como decir Today I decided (to) en español. ¿Cual es más claro, Hoy he decidido o Hoy decidí? ¿Por que? Gracias y si es necesario corrija mi español por favor.

posted by Jsanthara

1

Hmm... I am not sure if there is a rule about this... I was taught to use the preterit when listing past actions... keeping it simple.

Hoy decidí ir a la tienda. - Today I decided to go to the store.

And to use the present perfect when something from the past continues into the present, or something that happened in the past that is important now.

Hoy he decidido cambiar mi manera de ver la vida. - Today I have decided to change my way of viewing life.

edited by NikkiLR
posted by NikkiLR
Particularly in this case, "hoy he decidido" sounds more poetic than "hoy decidí". Both are right in fact, it's just a question of "ear" :) - Benz, JUL 9, 2010
1

Today I decided (to)...

.

In my opinion "Hoy he decido..." sounds better smile

You can also say: "Hoy he tomado la decisión de... "

posted by Benz
0

"Ahora decidí"

Of course the rest of the Spanish speaking world would say: Hoy decidí.

posted by petersenkid2