HomeQ&ACan someone translate this for me?

Can someone translate this for me?

1

"Ta lindo es muchacho pero toca meterno en una camara de papel periodico". It is Colombian and I am having difficulty finding an accurate translation. Can someone help me?

posted by coleboy11

0

I would translate this as somebody saying "this kid is cute, but play mother with him in a room filled with newspapers " maybe because he is making a mess.

posted by albert-fabrik-
Yeah I think this also is a pretty good translation. Thanks. - coleboy11, JUL 11, 2010
0

I too wonder about abbreviations/typos.

Could it be: está lindo ese muchacho pero toca meterlo en una cámara de papel periódico

That guy's gorgeous, but up to you to put him in a newspaper camara/room? Could it be an idiom of some sort? Putting someone in his/her place?

¡Ay, no tengo ni idea¡

posted by Sheily
Yeah you may be on to something with this, although I won't be satisfied until a true colombian gives a real answer. - coleboy11, JUL 11, 2010
0

Is it camara or cámara:

Camara - is chamber or small room whereas the all important tilde changes it to 'camera' alt text

posted by Kiwi-Girl
0

cámara can be a cameraman or woman of a newspaper according to this dictionary. I am wondering of meterno is a misspelling.

posted by nizhoni1
0

I'm not really sure. Ta could be one of two things, short for está or a typo of tan. I can't find the word meterno, and I'm not sure what a camera of newspaper is.

posted by socceryo3