HomeQ&AIs it grammatically correct for a place to be known as 'quinta querida'?

Is it grammatically correct for a place to be known as 'quinta querida'?

2

I want to name my little country home in Mexico "Quinta Querida". Does querida only refer to people or can it be used for an object, as in my attempt to say 'beloved little country home'?

posted by milena1

0

For those not familiar with the custom, houses in Mexico, South and Central America are frequently named. In Caracas houses didn't have street addresses, just names, which made it rather difficult to find them. It's always Quinta something or other. Ours was Quinta El Guamache. One of my friends lived in Quinta Mis Ahorros. Quinta Querida would be perfectly normal.

posted by KevinB
0

Welcome to the forum!

If you say "Mi querida quinta" you will have conveyed more of the "beloved country home" feeling.

With your original word order you have more of a "My country home that is named Dear One".

Yes, "querida" can be used to describe your country home.

posted by mountaingirl123
Is that where the La Quinta hotel chain got its name? I always thought it was their 5th enterprise or something. - 0074b507, JUL 8, 2010
Mi quinta querida could be "my fifth loved one" as ordinal numbers often go in front of the noun. - 0074b507, JUL 8, 2010
Houses in Mexico, South and Central America are frequently named. In Caracas they didn't have street addresses. It's always Quinta something. Ours was Quinta El Guamache. - KevinB, JUL 9, 2010