HomeQ&AMy computer crashed...

My computer crashed...

1

How would I say "My computer crashed" in Spanish? Would I say Mi computadora se estrelló? I saw someone use Mi computadora se colgado on a different fourm, so I was wondering which one (if any) is more appropriate. Also, is it correct to use the reflexive se here to indicate what crashed, or am I way off? Gracias.

posted by Jsanthara

0

It's kind of the equivalent of saying "My computer froze up on me". It's expressing that it was wasn't really wanted, wasn't planned on, that it was just something that happened. I believe it's called passive voice.

edited by socceryo3
posted by socceryo3
0

The se here is what was termed in an old thread as the detransitizing se. Hispanohablantes expect to hear crash into something or to hang something (a direct complement) so to make the sentence intransitive se is employed.

My computer crashed.

My computer hanged.