HomeQ&AYou don't have to be..............but it helps

You don't have to be..............but it helps

2

This show uses "pero ayuda" to mean "but it helps". Is that right? No hay que estar loco para hablar con uno mismo pero ayuda. You don't have to be crazy to talk to yourself but it helps.

posted by jeezzle
hablar con uno mismo or - hablarte a ti mismo? - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 8, 2010

1

"El dinero no es todo.....pero ayuda." I heard that in a telenovela. So yes it's fine, creo.

2

Well, if none of us answer your question, you will be talking to yourself, so you can let us know if it helps to be crazy or not.

I'm surprised that Spanish doesn't have some way of detransitizing ayudar (like the detransitizing se) or using a neuter definite article or something, because it helps to me implies an unmentioned complement. (it helps... your situation, it helps... you do deal with the fact, etc.).

Maybe not having the "a" after ayudar serves that purpose. - 0074b507, JUL 8, 2010