HomeQ&AHow to insult someone jokingly

How to insult someone jokingly

2

I'm curious as to a few words I can use to insult someone without offending them. I want the word choice to be such that they are able to recognize that I'm joking. Any suggestions?

posted by hithere3387

3
  • Eres un sonso / menso / tonto.

• Eres un torpe.

• Eres un burro.

• Eres un papanatas. (Una persona que es muy fácil de engañar...)

• Eres un naco / ¡qué naco! (es como "ghetto")

Just use with friends!

Los Insultos Audio Lesson: Free to listen online or download smile Los Insultos

edited by NikkiLR
posted by NikkiLR
Just use with friiends is wise advice - FELIZ77, JUL 8, 2010
Yes, I decide to make it bold! :D - NikkiLR, JUL 8, 2010
Thank you for answering the question instead of telling me how you feel about it. I really appreicate that you didn't assume the scenario in which these phrases might be used. - hithere3387, JUL 8, 2010
No problem whatsoever. :D - NikkiLR, JUL 8, 2010
5

That is a hard question. Humor is actually a very complicated thing.SOunds like you want to do playful teasing.That takes knowing the person first and then careful choice of words in that context.Not sure someone could choose the words for you.

edited by nizhoni1
posted by nizhoni1
Excellent answer Nizhoni wise , well chosen words - FELIZ77, JUL 8, 2010
thanks Feliz - nizhoni1, JUL 8, 2010
de nada - FELIZ77, JUL 8, 2010
4

This is priceless. How do you insult someone without offending them?

If you can do this in any language, I suggest having the process patented. You'll make a fortune!

posted by 005faa61
jajaja Julian muy graciosa - FELIZ77, JUL 8, 2010
Best answer ever Julian!!! - Benz, JUL 8, 2010
Haven't you ever seen the "roasts" done by comedians on TV? Showing my age but people like Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Junior etc - nizhoni1, JUL 8, 2010
Yes, nizhoni, I have seen them. My age is shown now too. But people don't insult one another. Gaf, gaf, gaf! - 005faa61, JUL 8, 2010
2

I created a flashcard set..

When you get angry.

Soft of coursewink

2

My suggestion is that if you can't say something good about somebody, it's best not to say anything, but if you absolutely need to express yourself in such a way then just smile...and pray.

edited by 00813f2a
posted by 00813f2a
Estoy completamente de accuerdo contigo, Roberto - FELIZ77, JUL 8, 2010
0

This is really an amazing question but I can satisfy your desire to kick and back.if you say that I cannot see anyone who is intelligent than me and then they shock.After that you can say that it s a little joke but somebody believe that ? m the most intelligent man in the world.... is it silly? :D grin

posted by Mustafa_Said
0

Insulting someone is like swearing at them... it can so easily cause offence. I realize that you would like to insult them without causing offence but this can so easily back-fire on you/the speaker and if you cannot confidently and fluently apologise and successfully explain your way out of the situation then you are probably not ready to get into it! (In some countries, if your apology is not accpted you might get jailed for doing this... in other countries a fist in the face!) Please choose your words carefully!

I suspect that what you may really want to do is to engage in some **light-hearted banter that people who know each other well often get involved in. Like Nizhoni wisely said, you need to have built up a sufficiently good relationship with a person/group of friends so that you instinctively know/realize when the other person is joking without the need for words to be exchanged ...this comes after many years of trust being built up !**

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
Mom is that you? lol - santajo61, JUL 8, 2010
No lol sorry if I sound like your mom I just wanted you to be aware of the dangers of followiing your ideas in case someone has to bail you out lol - FELIZ77, JUL 8, 2010
0

Well I do this all the time with my amigos. However, what I say to them I would never say with someone I barely know or just met. So I doubt it would be much help. Ribbing (insulting with humor) is a very hard thing to pull of with someone you do not know very well. I will be watching this thread to see what others have to say on the subject.

posted by kerflop
0

Aparente mente piensas que nacir ayer. Me lo puedes proponer de otra manera?

posted by santajo61