HomeQ&Awhat does doi la cara pola oficialida mean

what does doi la cara pola oficialida mean

1

i just wanted to know the meaning of doi cara pola oficialida, as vdavid is part of it, and i need help with conjugating.

posted by villa-fan

2

""Doy la cara por la oficialidad".

It means: I stand for the officers.

updated MAY 31, 2012
edited by 00e657d4
posted by 00e657d4
how do you know, did you learn spanish or are you spanish - villa-fan, JUL 8, 2010
It is readable enough if you have a certain minimum level of Spanish. - Gekkosan, JUL 15, 2010
1

Oh, for crying out loud!

Someone just doesn't know how to spell, it's all.

"Doy la cara por la oficialidad" means "I answer / I stick up for / I'll put my hand in the fire for officialdom / the pro-government faction".

posted by Gekkosan
Gekkosan, que histeria! Calmate. - francobollo, JUN 6, 2012
1

"Doi la cara pola oficialida" is not Spanish, but Asturian. The equivalent phrase in Spanish is "doy la cara por la oficialidad".

It literally means "I'm giving my face for the official status". In other words "I'm standing up for the official status of Asturian".

The thing is of the languages native to Spain, most of them have some are co-official in their respective areas (namely, Galician in Galicia, Basque in Navarre and the Basque Country, Catalan in Catalonia, the Balearics and Valencia and Occitan in Catalonia). The two notable exceptions are the Astur-Leonese varieties (spoken without official status in Asturias, Castile and Leon, and Extremadura) and Aragonese (in Aragon). Of these varieties, Asturian has a fairly strong movement to get it officialised in Asturias.

updated MAY 31, 2012
edited by SaimDI
posted by SaimDI
0

Doy la cara por la oficial.

I will officially take the consequences ???

but without context I can't help you any further. A native will soon com bye, hopefully.

updated MAY 26, 2012
posted by annierats
A very old question, I see. - annierats, MAY 26, 2012
0

i don't know the exact meaning ,i guess it's about to support the reforming of the Statute of Autonomy of Asturius. the sentence is not written in Spanish , it is Asturianu

posted by meuu1000
It Asturias. - BellaMargarita, JUL 15, 2010
0

doy la cara pola oficialida

I face official pola

You must have proper spelling to get a proper translation... smirk

posted by Gocika