HomeQ&Aplease check my work with indirect object pronouns !

please check my work with indirect object pronouns !

1

I don't understand indirect object pronouns...would you please translate them into english and give me the answer. I'm not trying to cheat; school is out i'm just trying to test out of spanish 2b

Leamos/hablemos completa cada oracion con los pronombres correctos. anything in the --X-- is my answer.

1.siempre --les--(nos/les) decimos a nuestros profesores que no queremos tarea, pero siempre --whats the answer? (nos/le) and why dan mucha.

2.las cocineras de la cafeteria pueden preparar ---(te/les) la comida sin sal si -----(me/les) dices que la necesitas asi/.

3.la secretaria del colegia----(le/les) puede vender utiles escolares a los estudiantes si ----*le/te) dicen que/ necesitan.

4.en el colegio ----(nos/le) pido algo a la enfermera si ----(me/les) duele la cabeza.

5.en el autobu/s, siempre ----(me/le) digo al conductor cuando ----(me/te) abre la puerta

Please help me, if you can just do one i would be in your debt

posted by phi_tran

1

1.siempre --les--(nos/les) decimos a nuestros profesores que no queremos tarea, pero siempre --whats the answer (nos/le) and why dan mucha. [a nosotros]

We always tell our teachers the we don't want homework, but they always give us a lot.

The phrase in purple is what is sometimes called a clarification tag. It is redundant and unnecessary except to provide additional information about the i.o.p. (les in this case).

So to determine which i.o.p. to use look at the clarification tag and select the correct pronoun. For a nuestros profesores you would use les (them)

...pero siempre nos dan mucha.

Notice there is no clarification tag for nos. clafication tags are only necessary to clarify the i.o.p. Since nos always means us there is no need for a clarification tag. It is grammatically acceptable to include one, however.

Sometime for emphasis you will see them used.

A nosotros, nos gusta el español. The a nosotros is completely redundant and used only for emphasis.

las cocineras de la cafeteria pueden preparar ---(te/les) la comida sin sal si -----(me/les) dices que la necesitas asi/.

The cafeteria cooks (female) can prepare for (you,them/ you plural) the food without salt if you tell them that you need it that way.

To decide which pronoun is needed for the first part you must read the 2nd part of the sentence. Since the subject of dices is tú, then the pronoun in the first part must be te. From context (no clarification tag used) the second i.o.p must be les (them). Me would make no sense.

The high school secretary can sell school tools (utilities) to students if they tell (whom)?? what (qué o lo que) they need.

How do you determine the answer to the first part? There is a clarification tag (in purple). Choose the correct pronoun to match it. How do you know the 2nd half answer. (no clarification tag) From context. they tell whom what they need.

Get the pattern? Try the rest on your own.

0

If you test out of one level of spanish without knowing these, you'll flunk the next one.

1) nos/le

2) the context of this sentence is horrible, but it looks like les/les, none of the options are actually grammatically correct, though

3)*/le (I'm fairly sure the first one is also 'le', as I believe it refers to la secreteria)

4)le/les

5) me/me

general reflexive pronoun guidlines:

Yo - Me

Tu - Te

Nosotros - Nos

El/Ella/Ud. - Le

Ellos/Ellas/Uds. - Les

reflexives can also refer in singular/plural to pretty much any article, you absolutely have to learn these to do well in spanish.

edit: I may have flipped a few of these, I'll take another look when it's not 2am.

edited by ddk829
posted by ddk829
Yes, your answers have errors. Reflexives are no part of this lesson. - 0074b507, JUL 8, 2010
0

2 Las cocineras de la cafeteria pueden prepararte la comida sin sal si les dices que la necesitas asi.

3 La secretaria del colegia les puede vender utiles escolares a los estudiantes si le dicen que necesitan.

4 En el colegio le pido algo a la enfermera si me duele la cabeza.

5 En el autobus, siempre le digo al conductor cuando me abre la puerta.

posted by fatchocobo
así, autobús - 0074b507, JUL 8, 2010
0

This article might help you understand direct and indirect pronouns smile

Indirect Object Pronouns

posted by Kiwi-Girl