HomeQ&A-s after 2nd person preterite

-s after 2nd person preterite

4

Is it normal in some countries to put an extra -s after the 2nd person preterite of the verb, e.g. escribistes, comistes, escuchastes? I've seen this quite too often that I don't think it's a typo. Thanks.

updated OCT 18, 2011
posted by Deanski

1

This is incorrect.

I remember a little girl, Mariana, in Mexico would occasonally ask me, ¿Adonde juistes? (Adonde fuiste) and it is cute at that age. So you may hear children do this, but adults have no excuse.

posted by 005faa61
muy amable.. - Deanski, JUL 7, 2010
I was thinking there could be a regional thing with this. - Deanski, JUL 7, 2010
Only regional in the minds of the under-educated - 005faa61, JUL 7, 2010
Of course, if everyone in a region does something...it's a regional thing...improper or not, right? - webdunce, JUL 10, 2010
That's right. That's exactly the reason I asked the question. - Deanski, JUL 11, 2010
0

Thanks, but with the way you worded it, though, you're too close to saying I'm one of them. I don't have any insecurity toward my education but how it sounded just didn't sit that well on me.

posted by Deanski