HomeQ&AHow do you say "by the way..." in Spanish?

How do you say "by the way..." in Spanish?

5

I already searched the phrasebook but it didn't show up. I already suggested it, so can someone add the Spanish translation? Thanks.

posted by JoelMatthew

8

A propósito.

posted by Goyo
Gracias! - JoelMatthew, JUL 5, 2010
4
2

It's actually listed 5 times, if you include the one without proper accento!

But I can't get it to come up doing an English search, either.

There is a challenge. Come up with a way to have the (obviously - ) popular expression "by the way" return an answer.

By the way, did you go back and delete your suggestion to add it? Considering how long that list is, one entry isn't much but it still means someone will get to research and since you and I already have and they all match Goyo's response I would hope you would delete the suggestion ... if it is even an option.

Take a look at:

[link text][1]

[1]: http://So, you think you can translate?

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
Thanks for the reminder. I just deleted my suggestion. - JoelMatthew, JUL 5, 2010
??? I tried to delete one that I entered and couldn't find a way. do you have a tip ? Y ya que estamos, congratulations on your newest good question badge! - LateToDinner, JUL 5, 2010
Thanks. If you go to the phrasebook there should be a tab that says "My contributions", which includes all of your phrases as well as suggestions. =) - JoelMatthew, JUL 5, 2010
Good, the tab gives me back a list, shows approved, waiting approval, and suggested but I don't see how to delete my 'suggested.' - LateToDinner, JUL 6, 2010
For some reason, I can't delete my old ones either. I made a new one, and I was able to delete that. So obviously, it won't let you delete anything that is more than a number of days old. :( - JoelMatthew, JUL 6, 2010
Good!!!!!! I see you used my suggestion "ya que estamos" - Benz, JUL 7, 2010
2

Also: "Ya que estamos,...."

.

Has anybody heard this expression before? It's very common in Argentina, more than "a propósito"

posted by Benz
1

Actually, when I searched using "a propósito", it showed up. For some reason the English doesn't work with the search in the prasebook.

posted by JoelMatthew