HomeQ&ACerdo VS cochino when insulting someone

Cerdo VS cochino when insulting someone

1

Lately it seems like cochina is used more for calling someone a pig and cerdo is more for just meaning a real pig, not as an insult. Is this right or are they both just interchangeable, or is one like a Spain and one is a Mexico word? Gracias.

edited by jeezzle
posted by jeezzle
I prefer cochino simply because it has that great, hard sound CH in the middle. That makes it sound harsher. - Delores--Lindsey, JUL 4, 2010
You can seriously insult somebody and "jokingly" insult somebody by calling him cochino but to call someone a cerdo is always a serious insult. - 00813f2a, JUL 5, 2010

1

In Cuba we use the masculine "cochino" and cerdo for pig and they can both be used as an insult also. (asqueroso)

posted by 00813f2a
I agree with Robertico. I don't think it is constrained to Cuba. - Gekkosan, JUL 4, 2010