HomeQ&AMe duele mucho hoy.

Me duele mucho hoy.

3

I dislocated my patella (knee cap) a couple of days ago. I was out with a friend whom I had not seen in two years. I was simply putting money in a parking meter, turned to face the meter and my knee cap slid all the way to the side of my leg. If you google "dislocated patella" and search images you can see what me knee looked like. The firemen had to relocate it right there on the street.

The part I am hoping to look back on and laugh about is that I was wearing a dress and my old friend was my "date" for the day. He had to see me spread eagle on the middle of a downtown street. Talk about embarrassing. Lol. He was very sweet though and found my daughter's jacket in the car and covered me up so that nobody else got a free show.

Hope everybody else is having a great summer/ winter smile Mine is one of Murph's Law.

posted by sunshinzmommie

1

Te estaremos pensando y mandándote buena energía para que te mejores.

posted by LuisaGomezBartle
"Te estaremos pensando" is not correct. PENSAREMOS EN TÍ o estaremos pensando en tí... - Lucaluca, JUL 7, 2010
1

Who are you kidding? You were trying to impress him with your soccer skills while discussing the last goal made in the World Cup game, but, instead, you showed why the USA died early on in the competition. Serves you right.

Googling...it is definitely listed as a sports injury. Good news...it only takes 3-5 months of healing and therapy to strengthen the joint. I guess we will be hearing from you more often now that you're out for the season.

I have better looking shoes, lol :) - sunshinzmommie, JUL 6, 2010
1

Well, the worst part (the relocating of the kneecap) is done. Now, you just have to rest. Hope you feel better soon.

posted by sanlee
Yes......that part was quite painful... :( - sunshinzmommie, JUL 6, 2010
1

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. There's nothing worst than a Murphy's Law day angry but it was very sweet of your friend to spare you from curious on-lookers! smile Hope you're feeling better and up & about soon!

posted by Dee914
Thanks :) - sunshinzmommie, JUL 6, 2010
1

Good grief! At least you can laugh about it! My private philosophy is that we all have a certain amount of embarrassing moments in our lives...well, at least you have this one over with....

I hope that you are feeling a lot better!

posted by mountaingirl123
1

I did not find knee cap in the dictionary here at SpanishDict.com, but rather the two words written as one. I always find it hard to know when words like kneecap are one and when two - got it right on the second guessgrin.

Anyway, I found this:

Kneecap

sustantivo 1. rótula (f) verbo transitivo (pt & pp kneecapped) también: to kneecap somebody -> = dispararle una bala en la rodilla a alguien como castigo (británico) Copyright © 2006 Chambers Harrap Publishers Limited

and this

Kneecap [ni-kap] sustantivo 1. Rótula, choquezuela.

posted by Janice
1

lol.. Hope you are feeling well now..

posted by Vaanz
1

Ay dios mío. Espero que te mejores pronto. No quiero buscarlo en Google porque acabo de comer pero confío en ti cuando dices que te duele.

edited by 003487d6
1

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

¡Buena suerte!

posted by margaretbl