HomeQ&A"Word of the Day" misspelling

"Word of the Day" misspelling

3

The other day you misspelled a Spanish word: the correct word is PILDORA. You spelled it PILADORA. This is a grave error for people learning Spanish, speaks to your credibility, and needs to be publicly corrected! Feel free to email me at xxxxx@gmail.com.

Thank you

Sincerely, Heather H. Hurley

edited by --Mariana--
posted by honoree46
Point taken Heather - but it is not the end of the world. - ian-hill, JUL 4, 2010
true, Ian, but this is a far-reaching website, and errors just need to be corrected quickly! I'm just sayin... - honoree46, JUL 4, 2010
I bet many more people on SD now know how to spell "pildora" though. - ian-hill, JUL 4, 2010
ha ha I'm sure! due to my crabby self! :) - honoree46, JUL 4, 2010

7

About the best way of learning something is to correct a mistake - one tends not to forget it then.

That is what I tell my students "Making a mistake is good"

So a PM to the creator of "Word of the day" is maybe the best idea.

posted by ian-hill
I agree, Ian! - honoree46, JUL 4, 2010
Right on! Mr. Ian Hill! - 002262dd, JUL 4, 2010
6

Hi Heather. Welcome to the SpanishDict forum.

The Word of the Day is something that is created by a human, and therefore, the resulting product is not always perfect and mistakes do happen.

Generally, someone will point out the error and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

I hope you stick around and enjoy the forum (and video lessons) here on SD.

grin

Marianne, very graciously and diplomatically put. - Lucrecia, JUL 4, 2010
I'm glad to hear it. I assume the person who developed "pildora" is not a native speaker! Thank you for correcting it. - honoree46, JUL 4, 2010
4

Honoree,

The teacher Paralee is the creator of the Word of the Day. Please feel free to PM her and she'll correct the error.