HomeQ&ADid you test the thirty eight for fingerprints?

Did you test the thirty eight for fingerprints?

1

In court the lawyer asks;

"Did you test the thirty eight for fingerprints?"

Probaste el trienta ocho para huellas digitales?

posted by kmeza

1

¿Probaste* la calibre punto treinta y ocho para (encontrar ) huellas digitales?

(o has* probado)

In view of Luisa's helpful insghts (which are new to me) I offer a revised translation:

¿Probó* la calibre 38 para ver si tenía huellas digitales?

(o examinó*)

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
1

Hola,

Recuerda mantener el impersonal cuando se trate de actividades en los juzgados, a menos que sea un niño pequeño. Recuerda que es una situación donde todos son adversarios así que por eso se usa el formal.

Así que sería algo como "examinó" y si quieres usar "probar" usa "probó".

"Examinó la 38 para ver si tenía huellas digitales..."

Good luck.

posted by LuisaGomezBartle
Thank you for the help. - kmeza, JUL 3, 2010
Luisa, you should really have been given the best answer not me - FELIZ77, JUL 3, 2010
I voted you a point - FELIZ77, JUL 3, 2010
Thanks. These are my favorite kinds of questions. It is nice to see what other people think about legal terms... - LuisaGomezBartle, JUL 3, 2010
1

I would, at least, expand that to "Did you test the 38 caliber for fingerprints?" It sounds like you are asking "Did you test the 38 people for fingerprints?".

I am glad you mentioned that Gfreed lol I was thinking that Kmeza had wanted to ask about testing 38 people for fingerprinting - FELIZ77, JUL 3, 2010
hahaha I had forgotten about the .38 revolvers/guns - FELIZ77, JUL 3, 2010
This is exactly how the lawyer asked the question. She had been talking about the pistol previous to that. - kmeza, JUL 3, 2010
Ah yes, well , that is perfectly acceptable within a context that is already understood - FELIZ77, JUL 3, 2010