HomeQ&AHow do you say "ball catch", as in door hardware?

How do you say "ball catch", as in door hardware?

2

There is a type of door hardware called a "ball catch". How is this expressed in Spanish?

posted by tony1246

2

When all else fails, show them a picture.

Ball catch

Golpete

El golpete

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
Warning, Tony, this is pretty much a guess, but an educated guess...at least it will get you to the right department when you get to the hardware store! - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
Hi LateToDinner. What you are showing is what is called a "strike plate" for a "ball catch." Ball catch latches, however, can be purchased as strike type latches or as non-strike type. Additionally, the term "golpe" refers to "strike latches" in..... - Izanoni1, JUL 2, 2010
...general, and does not refer specifically to "ball latches" but also encompasses several other types of latch designs. - Izanoni1, JUL 2, 2010
Hi will post a link below so you can see what I mean - Izanoni1, JUL 2, 2010
sorry, I meant "golpete" not "golpe" - Izanoni1, JUL 2, 2010
That's why I added the "warning". Sorry you can't see the ball in the picture, it IS the ball catch, the strike plate is the receiver and not pictured. - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
And it is from the manufacturer. Emtek. - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
You are however absolutely correct in saying there are several others. I was focusing on a Spanish word vs a hardware lesson. I suspect Tony knows his hardware. - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
There is supposed to be a ;) (wink) after 'lesson' and a smile at the end! - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
2

Here is a link where you can find various types of golpetes (strike latches)

alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text

posted by Izanoni1
2

Hi Tony 1246 and Welcome to the SpanishDict forum!!!

Here are a couple of ways you might find these listed

Cierre bola

alt text alt text

Retén de bola

Broche tipo Vaivén de Doble Bola

edited by Izanoni1
posted by Izanoni1