HomeQ&ACreer and Pensar

Creer and Pensar

1

If I were to speak in Spanish would I confuse the person I am speaking to if I accidently said creo instead of pienso and vice versa???? Or do these words need to be completely accurate in context to be understood. I know that creer is "to believe" and pensar "to think", but sometimes I use one of them not knowing if I should use the other????????

posted by mike123587

3

I asked a similar question a few months ago and received some good answers. You can check it out by clicking on the link below.

Creo vs Pienso

posted by Jsanthara
2

They are close enough that you'd be understood in most situations.

I've learned that "creer" is used a lot more often for sentences that would use the word "I think/I believe." For example, "I think she's at the store," "I believe that I am correct," "I don't think so."

The word "pensar" relates more to the process of thinking. For example, "I think about you all the time," "I was thinking about my job," etc.

Ok thanks for that..... - mike123587, JUL 2, 2010
2

Living here in Mexico, we always use "creo que sí" to mean "I think so".

posted by petersenkid2