HomeQ&ACan we set up a chat time?

Can we set up a chat time?

5

Since there are very few people chatting when I get on, I would like to set up some frequent "club" times. Anyone interested?

edited by 00494d19
posted by georgejbarnes

5

I don't know if I am as comfortable in speaking as I am in writing

Then you should definitely join us on skype! You'll never feel comfortable speaking Spanish if you never do it smile.

posted by --Jen--
2

Hi george, why not come on skype on our weekly voice chat? In any case, there is always somebody around from the site to chat with.

See this thread and contact me.

Good idea Heidita I need to get Skype lol I mainly use Live Messenger - FELIZ77, JUL 1, 2010
I guess I should get skype..but I don't know if I am as comfortable in speaking as I am in writing. - georgejbarnes, JUL 1, 2010
I am the same, George... But I like to listen in every once in a while, when I have the time. - kerflop, JUL 1, 2010
I didn't think I would be comfortable either but it was a lot of fun and you get over the discomfort real quick. - Yeser007, JUL 1, 2010
1

Everyone seems to have lost sight of George's original question.

Is anyone interested in chatting?

Obviously, Yes.

Since the skype chat finishes around 1am my time, and I get up at 6am, I think that is too late for me, and I am entitled to my opinion no matter what Heidita thinks.

George, suggest a good time for you, and clarify your time zone, and see who else can make it.

Best of luck, Fontanero.

posted by fontanero
You're right and maybe we should add a thing to our profiles stating best available times. - Yeser007, JUL 2, 2010
Worth a try. There's enough people to match up with. - fontanero, JUL 2, 2010
1

No, it starts at 11pm UK time smile. - nametaken

It does start at arouund this time, though I do not arrive until around one hour laterwink

Still a bit late for Europe. Perhaps we need 2 ? - fontanero

Late??? big surprise It is not late...11pm is late???? In any case, fontanero, feel free to organize an early chatraspberry

Nametaken .... how sure are you? - LateToDinner

Trust me, late, very sure...she must be, she is always therewink Way to go nametaken! She did not open her mouth at first...and now she has her own private chat with Meliwink

Good, thank you! I can calculate from a set time. Nametaken: no offense meant, I just couldn't make the numbers work. - LateToDinner, JUL 1, 2010
Read my comment properly, Europe is a big place. - fontanero, JUL 2, 2010
1

Stop! I didn't do this right ... I was asking for confirmation and I don't think it is correct!

Fontenero said UK 1AM and nametaken said no, 11PM UK and I backtracked from there. Now I see Heidita saying Spain 2AM which would agree with Fontenero, NOT with what I have.

Was the time changed at some point?

And it is Sunday morning for some and Saturday night/eve for the rest, yes?

I thought you were talking about it S t a r t i n g at 2am:

which is for me like 2am, but as I am a vampire, I don't mind

I'm still confused! London is east of Madrid but one hour behind, right? 12 in Spain is 11 in England, right? So does it start in England at 11 and Heidita doesn't join in until a few hours later?. Gosh, how long does this "chat" go on?

Confusion gone: I've been enlightened ... and now I am afraid to show up!

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
yes, late that is it, for me it is very late...1 or 2 am, for the rest of the guys, late afternoon, and for Ray...jeje, it is Sunday morning in Australia;) - 00494d19, JUL 1, 2010
So Late, you should be on around 3 or 4 pm - Yeser007, JUL 1, 2010
My timings came from Heidita's own thread. - fontanero, JUL 2, 2010
1

Nametaken ... no offense meant ... I just can't figure out how it is 2am in Spain and 11pm in the UK

No, it starts at midnight for Heidita, but she usually stays until about two am. Last week the call came at 23:30 for me (although we were typing to each other from 23:00) and people were still talking when I left at 1:45, which was about the same time Heidita left I think.

I'm just scrolling through all the past conversations, and the phone conversations have always started at some time between 23:00 and 23:45 my time smile.

posted by --Jen--
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I get it. - LateToDinner, JUL 1, 2010
:) - --Jen--, JUL 1, 2010
0

For those of us here in the Americas it's a perfect time (around 6PM depending on time zone) but I don't know how Heidi does it, I would be wiped out by her time of night but if you heard her you would be amazed. gulp

posted by Yeser007
Que time zone is that 6pm in? - georgejbarnes, JUL 2, 2010
0

Good idea. It depends where you are, as much as when your free time is. I believe the skype chat starts around 1am UK time, which would be impractical for me, and many others in Europe and the UK, but is early evening in the USA.

I do believe real ( spoken ) conversation would be a great help though.

posted by fontanero
No, it starts at 11pm UK time :). - --Jen--, JUL 1, 2010
Still a bit late for Europe. Perhaps we need 2 ? - fontanero, JUL 1, 2010
Nametaken .... how sure are you? - LateToDinner, JUL 1, 2010
Nametaken ... no offense meant ... I just can't figure out how it is 2am in Spain and 11pm in the UK - LateToDinner, JUL 1, 2010
Heidita's thread states 1 or 2am - fontanero, JUL 2, 2010
0

Well, Yes, I am in favour of club times on principle but some people like myself are self-employed and cannot guarantee that I would be available/free to use the chatroom during these chat times since my free times vary from day to day even on a weekly basis. I usually use the chatrooms in the evening since I can relax during those times and study Spanish during the day times when I am not working and more awake/alert.

posted by FELIZ77
Maybe a few "hot" times throughout the day and night for more activity - georgejbarnes, JUL 1, 2010