HomeQ&AWhat does De los santos mean?

What does De los santos mean?

0

I was playing MLB 2k9 on the xbox and created a player. Suddenly the name De Los Santos pulled up. I wanted to know what that name sounds like or what it is in english! If you have an answer please PM (private message) me smile Thanks wink

updated AGO 26, 2013
edited by MeEncantanCarasSonrisas
posted by Davisd
I deleted your email address. There is a "safe" way to send emails through this site without revealing your email to literally the entire world. As long as you have your email connected to your account, and you allow the PMs, when someone wants to send - MeEncantanCarasSonrisas, JUN 30, 2010
you something, they can PM you and you can access and reply to it through your SpanishDict account, and it will also send a copy to your email account. - MeEncantanCarasSonrisas, JUN 30, 2010

1

Davis, I agree with yesero but as for your question try using the translation feature and dictionary on this site. Post an attempt and then let us help you. It's more fun learning that way. Welcome to the forum!! smile

posted by Jason7R
1

Davis, there are a quarter of a million registered users on this site, are you sure you want your email address posted here? By the way, de los santos means "of the saints", whether it is someones name is another matter.

edited by Yeser007
posted by Yeser007
0

Davisd,

the name "delos Santos" is Portuguese. The reason being is in the spelling. In Spanish the D is capitalized and the "De" is separated from the adjective "los". There are variations of the prepostional phrase, but none (in Spanish) have the lower-case "d" connected to "los" . Hence, you have "delos Santos", which is strictly Portugese. Variations of Spanish spellings are: De Los, De Los, de Los, and de los.

Also to add, Magellen was Portuguese, but he went to King Phillip of Spain to asked if he were to be supplied with ships and crew, he would look for another route to the Spice Islands and countries (India, China, Japan, Phillippines, etc). Therefore, a good amount of his crew made up Portuguese sailors as well as Spanish ones.

I have my Masters in Linguistics and with a strong background in the history of the Spanish period in the Pacific.

updated AGO 26, 2013
posted by Bruceleroux