HomeQ&AChiquito and pequeno are synonyms in Mexico?

Chiquito and pequeno are synonyms in Mexico?

1

Are chiquito and pequeno synonyms in Mexico? For example, calling a little boy chiquito

El pueblo chiquito

posted by mestizo7

1

They are in Argentina!!!! smile

posted by Benz
1

Yes.

If you need to find the meaning of a word, you can use the translate and dictionary tools that you have available right on top of the page. The site's dictionary is very good.

posted by Gekkosan
haha, I waited and waited and no one got it so I thought, oh well, - margaretbl, JUN 30, 2010
:-) We were waiting for the same thing. - Gekkosan, JUN 30, 2010
Heidi has already told him that, Pajaro has already told him that ... 3d time the charm? Probably not, someone will still answer and vote. - LateToDinner, JUN 30, 2010
And you know what? Maybe someone else will pick up on it and get some value so we say: Welcome to the forum! - LateToDinner, JUN 30, 2010
0

There is a bit of a difference between the two. Pequeño and chico both mean small. Chiquito is more like really small, or tiny. It's a matter of degree. Of course, all 3 words can refer to children, as well.

edited by KevinB
posted by KevinB
0

Well I am not from Mexico but I would say they are synonyms. They both mean small or little. I think that un chiquito is also like 'a kid'.

posted by margaretbl