HomeQ&A¿Estás enchufado allí?

¿Estás enchufado allí?

0

I feel like I'm in another world with this show. Is everyone using the word "enchufar" but me? Are you plugged in, in there?

posted by jeezzle

3

The dictionary tells me this means 'to have gotten where you are by having connections [in high places],' 'to know all the right people,' or 'to be set up with a job'. It sounds to me like someone is asking the character if s/he is well connected allí. Do any of those make sense in the context?

edited by MacFadden
posted by MacFadden
1

Just having a look around myself I came across this interesting post, even more interesting seeing who one of the contributors is lol smile

Enchufada

edited by Kiwi-Girl
posted by Kiwi-Girl
Wow. Heidita's everywhere! But that user is listed as 'banned' on that forum. Maybe she finally killed someone for using extraneous subject pronouns! Gulp. We'd better watch out. - MacFadden, JUN 29, 2010
Lol :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUN 29, 2010
0

Well, it's about a robot that is addicted to shocking himself with electricity by plugging into dangerous places. Our dictionary lists "to plug in" and I guess it works but the real question is: Have you never heard this word either? You seem fairly well along in your Spanish MacFadden so maybe it's just an rare one.

edited by jeezzle
posted by jeezzle
Oh. Then we're probably not dealing with a well-connected robot. As for enchufado being used to meaning 'plugged in', yes, I have heard that. It's the only way I know of to say it, but I suppose one might not come across it too often in most contexts. - MacFadden, JUN 28, 2010