HomeQ&ATranslation: two forms given...what is the difference

Translation: two forms given...what is the difference

1

I asked for a translation to "have a great day". I received two forms and was curious of the difference.

The first was, "Ten un gran día" as well as "Tiene un gran día". Can "Ten" and "Tiene" be used interchangeably in this instance?

Thanks for the clarification.

I am a Spanish beginner but very inspired to learn and I am very glad to have stumbled up this website! Daleen

posted by daylilly

1

"Ten un gran día"is the correct way. if you do some research on affirmative commands then it will make sense why this is right.

Hope this helps :D

posted by arit88
Thank you very much! I am finding that half my battle is determing the correct form and knowing what to search for to perform the research. I am sure that it will become easier as I progress but right now it is still all very confusing! - daylilly, JUN 28, 2010
1

But don't forget that 'ten' is 'tu' form. If it was someone I was not close friends with I would rather say 'Qué tenga un día bonito' or something like that.

posted by margaretbl