HomeQ&Awhere to use subjunctive?

where to use subjunctive?

0

hello, i am sooooo confused with the subjuntive form in spanish . is it no creo que nada (i dont believe i swim) or no creo que nade (i dont believe i swim ) . is it no pienso que estes bien or no pienso que estas bien ,no supongo que vengan or no supongo que vienen etc.... please help !!:S

posted by esperanzaymar
Please remember to use proper capitalization and punctuation in your posts. Thanks! - --Mariana--, JUN 28, 2010
I don't know if you use the subjunctive after no creo (I am still learning myself) but if you do not, it would be "No creo que nado" not nada. - Lrtward, JUN 28, 2010
yes sorry i ve jusy realized it ,nado*** - esperanzaymar, JUN 28, 2010

1

This is a pretty broad subject to cover in a post. Have you looked at the Reference section on the Spanishdict site? Go to More, click on Reference and scroll down to a link (in blue) Subjunctive. This would be the best way to start.

Using the subjunctive almost always requires two clauses: an independent (main) clause and a dependent clause. There is almost always a change of subject in the dependent clause.

As to the verb "pensar" it does not require the subjunctive.

Creer requires the subjunctive when it is negative.

Creo que viene mi amigo. I believe that my friend is coming.

No creo que viene mi amigo. I do not believe that my friend is coming.

Check our the Reference section. smile

posted by Delores--Lindsey
i guess its no creo que venga mi amigo and as i found out ,pensar requires subjuntivo,no?:S - esperanzaymar, JUN 28, 2010
0

There is also a video lesson on the subjunctive.

Click "Learn Spanish -> Learn Spanish 3 -> Lesson 3.1"

posted by Lrtward
0

Aquí está un enlace muy útil para entender mejor el subjuntivo en español.

Here is a very helpful link in order to understand better the subjunctive in Spanish.

link text

posted by 002262dd