HomeQ&Ala Exposición de Motivos de la Ley

la Exposición de Motivos de la Ley

2

Context: Pero la inclusión de la violencia doméstica, según lo justifica el Legislador en la Exposición de Motivos de la Ley, con independencia de su fácil instrucción,

It's from a legal document discussing Domestic Violence in Andalucia.

I wonder if this is a specialised Legal term? It means something like "explanation of the intention of the law" but I'd like to know if it's a stock phrase.

Thanks

posted by lagartijaverde

0

In the U.S. we have something called "Legislative History," which accompanies each law. This text explains what the legislators debated and considered when making the law, their motives, and how the law should be applied. We use this history/explanation of motives to determine if the law is applicable to a certain set of fact.

"La Exposición de Motivos de la Ley" sounds like "Legislative History" to me.

0

Got it!! It stands for "Preamble to the Act" Thanks for looking. Could someone close this with an accept so I don't waste peoples time. Thanks

posted by lagartijaverde
You need to "accept" an answer to close the post. - --Mariana--, JUN 28, 2010
Of course!± Sorry - lagartijaverde, JUN 28, 2010
0

I'm pretty sure it's the "preamble" thing because it's an intro and explanation to the rest of the document. - Birdland 1 sec ago. What you say sounds very much like it though, but I got onto a lawyer so I'll risk that.

posted by lagartijaverde
0

I do not have an answer but you are reading some heavy stuff lately Birdland.

posted by nizhoni1
:-). It's something I'm translating for a course I'm doing. I hate the legal ones the most. Could you Accept so I don't drive everyone crackers? - lagartijaverde, JUN 28, 2010