HomeQ&APresent progressive of estudiar

Present progressive of estudiar

2

What is the present progressive of estudiar

is it estudiendo

or

is it estudyendo

or

something else?

posted by wizehart

1

It's estudiando.

Check this link for additional help.

Progressive tense consists of two components:

estar + present participle.

Estudiar is an -ar verb, so the present participle will end in -ando, and the present participle of estudiar is estudiando. Now, if the sentence were "I am studying", the Spanish translation would be estoy estudiando.

For -er/-ir verbs, such as vivir, the present participle will be viviendo, since the present participle will have an -iendo ending.

The -yendo ending in the participle occurs in double-voweled infinitives, such as creer, whose present participle is creyendo.

More reference is addressed in the link. Check it out.

edited by AgentB
posted by AgentB
Where did estoy come from? present tense, indicative of Estar+gerundio (may seem obvious to you, but not to a beginner) - 0074b507, JUN 27, 2010
I guess I mistyped it then. I thought I saw estoy there, which is why I wrote that. I will modify it then. - AgentB, JUN 27, 2010
1

Neither. It is a 1st conjugation (ar) verb.

Estudiando.

Estudiar+ando

¡Bienvenida al foro!

Welcome to the forum!