HomeQ&ASpanish Listening Comprehension

Spanish Listening Comprehension

4

Hello guys.

Since I am taking an advanced course in Spanish, I feel that I have to improve in my Listening Comprehension, as I am not adjusted to the way people speak. Are there any websites for me to practice and improve my listening comprehension? I prefer for these websites to have questions to test my knowledge on what I have heard.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

updated SEP 9, 2010
edited by 00b6f46c
posted by AgentB

4

Hi! there are plenty here

Enjoy!!

posted by Benz
Nice link. - 0074b507, JUN 27, 2010
Yeah Quentin! It's in the Reference Library of SpanishDict... but it seems nobody remembers to search on the Reference Library... is it too difficult to find? (I just wonder....) :) - Benz, JUN 27, 2010
Great link. - AgentB, JUN 27, 2010
I'm glad I could help AgentB!!! :) - Benz, JUN 28, 2010
3

These don't really test your listening comprehension, but I find it's great practice to just listen to them anyway. The first is the BBC Mundo podcast, which is a 15-minute news podcast in Spanish with a focus on events in the Spanish-speaking world. They speak fairly clearly and if you miss anything you can go and read the article on their website. And there are also lots of Spanish TV shows you can watch online, which gives you good practice hearing everyday vocabulary. I watch 7 Vidas. It's not great cinema, but can be taken in small doses.

posted by MacFadden
3

Have you listened to the series " (Mi vida loca" or "Destinos". It's been a while since I listened to them, but I seem to recall that they asked questions about the videos.

You also might enjoy sites like Lo Mas TV. It shows videos and discusses the grammar used in the videos so that is a sort of test of what you heard.

However, you have to subscribe to sites like Lo Mas TV, which is not really a good idea. - AgentB, JUN 27, 2010
0

You can also meet SpanishDict members on Skype every saturday in the afternoon!!!!! http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/137354/group-talk-on-skype-join-us-on-saturday

posted by Benz
0

LoMas TV is awesome. I knew about it for awhile but was always too lazy to sign up, and I'm so mad about that! For 10 bucks a month it is VERY worth the money. You'll remember the vocabulary so much better in context, and everything is categorized according to difficulty and accent. Take a look at the samples on the site. Definitely do that if you want to get better at listening.

posted by Ashlita
0

These answers are quite interesting. By the way, what channels/TV shows are good to watch in order to improve listening comprehension?

posted by AgentB