HomeQ&AWhat is a "Degustadora" ?

What is a "Degustadora" ?

3

Lady listed on her Mexican birth certificate as her occupation, "DEGUSTADORA".

Anyone know what that is?

updated AGO 9, 2016
posted by RachelC

2

Degustadora is like a marketing position. Hope this helps.

posted by AngelinaG
1

Google degustadora foto to get pictures like these.

1

From what I see online it seems to mean:

"Persona que degusta con deleite" = A person who tries (tastes, drinks, etc.) things with delight

How that can be a profession, I don't know, but I'd like to sign up!

edited by --Mariana--
It must be the marketing type people who are in the grocery stores and try to get you to taste their samples? - margaretbl, JUN 27, 2010
0

You can't translate words like that because it will make any sense. "Degustadora" is a woman who stands in a supermarket, store and/or events giving some samples of something, i.e. The people in Costco who gives you free samples of food so you can try them and if possible buy the product.It's not that they are there trying food and they get paid for that as some suggested above...

updated AGO 9, 2016
posted by dzohara
Welcome to SD amigo/a - but why dig this up from so long ago? - Better would be to post something new. - ian-hill, AGO 9, 2016
0

I found this on the web and it includes this word even though I do not understand what it means but the spanish speakers will understand.

Photobucket

Quem sou eu Minha foto

Cristina Danuta Cidade Maravilhosa, Brazil Sou alguém em permanente construção. Apaixonada por História e histórias, amante de gatos e estrelas, fotógrafa amadora, desenhista nas horas vagas, apreciadora de comida italiana e boa música, degustadora de café e devoradora de livros. Resumindo, acho que é isso. =)

posted by foxluv
The Portuguese readers will understand even more. - 0074b507, JUN 27, 2010
Among her many hobbies and interests, this lady from Rio likes sampling new coffees. Well, I guess that helps. - 003487d6, JUN 27, 2010
0

Google translates it as "taster". Back in the old days of course the Kings would always have "tasters". But I doubt she is doing that! grin

So must be something in marketing or promotion as someone said.

posted by RachelC