HomeQ&ANeed volunteers for making flashcard sets

Need volunteers for making flashcard sets

2

I made a new flashcard set called "conjugated verb - to go" and it took me almost 2 hours to do. I have a list of 55 important verbs I would like to do in the same way and any volunteer would be appreciated if you like what I did.

Gracias

BTW I plan on doing at least 5 myself (well 4 more). Maybe 2 per volunteer?

posted by foxluv
Great idea, just noticed for your 'Imperfect Indicative for you/informal' the English should read 'used' to go not 'use' :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUN 27, 2010
good catch Maria! I would go edit if I knew how to do it. - foxluv, JUN 27, 2010

1

Could you provide a link to one of your template sets so we can see what is involved: what tenses and moods that you are doing. Negative and positive commands? Nosotros commands? progressive tenses? passive voice: "ha sido dicho", etc.

I assume that there are translations? e.g. for present tense, indicative, 1st person, singular of hablar how many translations are you entering? I speak, I do speak, I am speaking. There are context in which the present tense is used with future meaning: I am speaking there next week. There are contexts where the present tense can have past tense meanings. How are you handling the translations? How do you translated subjunctive tenses that mean I may speak..., she might speak...and convey the degree of probability?

Link for lazy people like myself.

link to set

Hi gfreed, did you look at the set yet? It might help in narrowing down my intentions. - foxluv, JUN 26, 2010
No, I'm too lazy to search for it. That's why I suggested posting a link to a template verb. - 0074b507, JUN 26, 2010
0

OK... now I have finished 3 ir haber construir It is better not to do randomly so change your option and uncheck random. You get a better rhythm going if you listen to each tense all the way through. I really love to listen to the construir tenses since they are so different and you do not get sound on the conjugated tenses anywhere else.

posted by foxluv
0

This is the list of verbs I need help with...gfreed, I did not include vosotros since my college course excludes this form here in California.

verb list

posted by foxluv
0

Very good concept, fox.

Quentin gave a lot of good tips for creating flashcards.

tips.

Good luck on finding people to do that...I am not optimistic.

0

Wow. I did look at your set for To go. You'd better have some memory and be one heck of a typist to do the Recall/Recordar section or you may want to flip terns when you get there.

Sample prompt:

vas

Answer that you must type.

you go - present indicative {formal)

I have problems with this format. If you read the Reference article on making flashcards you will see that this type of answer is cautioned against. Most people will mistype the answer; not because they don't know the answer, but can't remember how the punctuation went. Is it "you go-present indicative {formal)" or "you go - present indicative {formal)" or "you go -present indicative {formal)" Only the one that exactly matches the card will be accepted as correct. (I'm hoping that the {formal) is a mistype. No one would remember to use different brackets.

Oops. Something just occurred to me. My page is set to Spanish. So when I go the the lessons, it always sends me to the Learn English lesson. I may have looked at your vocabulary cards with the prompts and responses reversed. I'll have to change my page language and try it again.

Ok. That resolved my problems. I was seeing your cards flipped. The problem that I have now is that your prompts are too long and not completely visible. The Stat box covers part of the prompt.

I like your concept. I might be willing to volunteer to do a few verbs, but not until you remove the bugs. Also, I prefer to learn vosotros person (which is omitted). Someday I may wish to talk to Heidita. (someday way into the future grin) If you plan on making these cards public, then you might wish to consider including the vosotros person.

0
    Yo     tú        Ud./él/ella        nosotros      Uds/ellos/ellas   
  1. Present Indicative
  2. Future Indicative
  3. Imperfect Indicative
  4. Preterite Indicative
  5. Conditional Indicative
  6. Present Subjunctive
  7. Imperfecto Subjunctive
  8. Gerund
  9. Present Participle
  10. Infinitive

A total of 38 words each set

Hope this helps

posted by foxluv