HomeQ&AHow to spell ai or ay?

How to spell ai or ay?

1

I wish to find the spelling for the exclamation "ai" or "ay" or ? It is an exclamation for pain -- for example, one has fallen and has a broken bone and says . . .

posted by sharontoner

1

¡Ay!

Welcome to SpanishDict!

A drawback to dictionaries has always been: How do you look up something if you can't spell it!

But you had a fifty-fifty chance. You would have gotten it sooner or later.

The Translate Box at the top comes in real handy when you don't want to wait for an answer, useful for the one word questions like this. And if you click on the speaker icon there, you even get the pronunciation!

Another trick is to double click on the words you've typed (or in the answers) and get a quick response, too! Just no pronunciation help there.

But if it was my leg that was broken you would have heard a lot more than just ¡Ay!

Hope this helps.

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
Yes I remember this expresion from one of Paralees lesson about the visiting doctor and different external body parts the Doctor said Ay = oh dear when the patient said he was in pain - FELIZ77, JUN 26, 2010
about visiting the doctor I mean - FELIZ77, JUN 26, 2010