HomeQ&AHow can l get in Skype to chat?

How can l get in Skype to chat?

3

Hi everyone, someone just told me that I could chat in skype to practice my English, does anybody know how I can get in ?

edited by Nicole-B
posted by derasja

1

Send a PM to Heidita giving her your Skype name.

posted by Goyo
thanks, could you tell me where do i have to go, I'm not very good at this - derasja, JUN 26, 2010
just go to Heidita profile and you will find a phares under her profile infromation saying send private massege . - 00b6f46c, JUN 26, 2010
message * - 00b6f46c, JUN 26, 2010
thank you,so much and sorryy , you've been helpful - derasja, JUN 26, 2010
2

First you need speakers and a microphone. Ideally you would have a headset- headphones with a microphone added on a small boom that swings down in front of you. Using a headset makes your voice sound much clearer to the other users.

Next, go to www.skype.com and download Skype. Install it on your computer, then register with Skype by telling them who you are and selecting a user name. It's free of charge to do this.

Then, send Heidita your user name in a Private Message here on SpanishDict. She will add you as a contact to her account.

Finally, on Saturday at the right time, start Skype. Heidita will see that you are online, and she will add you to the call.

It's really very easy, and I hope you join us.

posted by Goyo
1

I don't get it,

Be specific, tell us what you do not understand. First of all, tell us if you are familiar with Skype. It is an online telephone service, but makes computer to computer connections. It allows both video and audio transfer. It is not a chat room if that is what you were expecting. It is not an instant messenger video conference if that is what you were expecting (similar, however). If you have used chat rooms, or instant messengers then you will have no problem adapting to Skype. You do not have to type, you can speak over a phone or headphone whichever you prefer.

Goyo,

It's been a long time since I used Skype. Has it changed? Can you still call telephones with it? (You mentioned that you needed speakers and a mike). Can't you use a telephone if you have an modem card with a telephone jack (no video, of course). Back when I used Skype regularly is was more of a worldwide phone service than video conferencing center. (I have used it for both, however).

0

Quentin asked:

Can you still call telephones with it? (You mentioned that you needed speakers and a mike).

Yes, a person on a computer (with a speakers --or headphones-- and a mic) can call any land line or cell phone. It costs a few cents per minute for the caller (not receiver). I don't use the video very much; I use it to call others on Skype and cell phones.

0

If you are asking about skype in general see Carlos's link:

a>[link text][1]

[1]: http://Who uses or has used Skype on a regular basis?

posted by LateToDinner
I don't get it, - derasja, JUN 26, 2010