HomeQ&ADoes anyone use a Kindle to learn Spanish?

Does anyone use a Kindle to learn Spanish?

1

Has anyone used a Kindle? I do not have one yet but would get one if I thought it would help.

posted by Brynleigh

2

I don't know about Kindles, but I have a SONY - I bought an E-Slick from Foxit but it stopped working after 3 weeks and cannot be repaired so I don't recommend one of those - too flimsy.

The Sony is a much better device - also has a touch screen. And it is possible to download Spanish text and the audio as well from some sites and listen and read at the same time.

Of course you can listen to music as well. It has a built in English dictionary - just touch a word and up it pops. Haven't found a Spanish equivalent yet but maybe one exists.

Apart from practising Spanish it is great for storing the books you want to read in any language. (there are 1000s avaiable on the internet for free)

Go for it get an e-book reader - but check out the various models available first.

PS Also download e-book manager software - I use Calibre but the Sony comes with its own program.

edited by ian-hill
posted by ian-hill
Gracias Ian-hill, all information is a big help. - Brynleigh, JUN 26, 2010
1

Yes, and I absolutely love my Kindle!

I've downloaded a few dozen fiction books in Spanish for reading, and I downloaded 501 Spanish Verbs and a dictionary for reference.

Bonus: They are on sale right now on Amazon.com for $189 (Amazon doesn't charge for taxes or delivery).

Gracias, that is useful information, Marianne, - Brynleigh, JUN 26, 2010