malogradazo

1

a newspaper headline that says "malogradazo"

posted by rbouck
Hello, RBouck, welcome to the Forum. Please use proper capitalization and punctuation for your posts. Could you please provide some more context from that news article? Are you sure it is Spanish? Thanks
it's an article about a criminal. it may be portugese, but i'm pretty sure it's spanish...

0

I don't know the word, but having a quick look-see through Google, I gather that it is a Peruvian slang word used to refer to scoundrels, nasty people, low-lives and so forth.

posted by Gekkosan
low-lifes
Are you sure? I know why you say it, and that's what I wrote originally - but my spell checker objected to it, so I changed it. Now I have the doubt...
I agree with "low-lifes." But interesting question!
I'm opening a new thread with this.
1

It means "disgrace"- it is currently being used to describe Joran van der Sloot in the Peruvian media in regards to the killing of Stefany Flores...the equivalent of murderer, scoundrel, etc... "mal" meaning "bad" in Spanish "grazado" meaning "grace."

posted by Josie0522