HomeQ&AIs May special?... September?

Is May special?... September?

0

I saw a post asking about the days of the week and I referred them to the dictionary, like I always do... Thing is, I usually check to make sure the person will be able to find the word they are looking for.... Don't ask me why I would think that the dictionary would not include the months of the year- I probably wasn't thinking at all. So, anyways, I looked up the months of the year and all of them say the translation for the month followed by: "see also May". I was just wondering if there is some particular obsession with May or a super importance of the month. Any one have any ideas?

As Gfreed pointed out, if you look up the months in Spanish, you get "ver también septiembre" (see also september).

edited by MeEncantanCarasSonrisas
posted by MeEncantanCarasSonrisas
Well, I say it is weird! Don't you agree? - margaretbl, JUN 2, 2010
absolutamente - MeEncantanCarasSonrisas, JUN 2, 2010

2

Well, May is the birth month for 8 or 9 per-cent of us, so, yes, it is very special!

Bueno, mayo es el mes en que ocho o nueve por ciento de nosostros nacimos. Por eso, sí, ¡es muy especial!

posted by waltico
1

Dictionary compiler was born in May, like me?

...or because "May" is the shortest month name.

edited by geofc
posted by geofc
1

Así, naturalmente, mayo es el mejor mes porque es el mes en que nació mi hijo!

edited by amykay
posted by amykay
1

If you look up May, it says see also September. I think it's a clue for conspiracy theorists.

mayo

mayo

masculine noun

1. May ; ver también septiembre
The May entry says that, Q? I didn't see that when I looked it up. - waltico, JUN 2, 2010
Sorry, I should have said Mayo. - 0074b507, JUN 2, 2010
When you look them up in Spanish, it says "ver tambien septiembre" - MeEncantanCarasSonrisas, JUN 3, 2010
0

ehh....el cinco de mayo es muy bien smile

posted by Fuckoff-delete
0

~Waltieco

If this is this is the reason, it should say "see also November" cheese

Si esto es la razón, debe decir "ver también noviembre" cheese

posted by MeEncantanCarasSonrisas