HomeQ&ALet's raise our vocabulary: combine words!

Let's raise our vocabulary: combine words!

0

My English teacher was talking about a tournament where people combine words to make new ones and then give new definitions for them. I have looked through past games to see if this is original and I have not found anything like this one (forgive me if I am wrong). The main point of this game is to have fun while also building vocabulary and knowledge.

For example, if I were to take the words "universidad" and "dinosaurio", I could make a new word, "universidosaurio", and the definition could be "Un dinosaurio con un superabundancia del conocimiento".

There aren't any restrictions on what words have to be used. Just use any words you feel like! (But the more creative it is, the better it is!)

updated MAY 28, 2010
edited by 00494d19
complicated, as these words do not exist, - 00494d19, MAY 28, 2010
If we are going to expand our vocabulary, maybe we should use words that do exist. There are compound words in Spanish. Maybe we could use those words to combine our vocaubulary, such as: matamoscas, which is a combination of the words "matar" (to kill) - MeEncantanCarasSonrisas, MAY 28, 2010
and "moscas" (flies). They combine to make the word "matamoscas" which means "flyswatter" (or sometimes "flypaper" or "flyspray"). - MeEncantanCarasSonrisas, MAY 28, 2010

0

Nice answer.. smile

updated MAY 28, 2010
posted by Kabob34