HomeQ&Afish types in markets

fish types in markets

0

mercuzi =
carite=
rueda-
cotorra=

posted by Toby

0

A "rueda" is a fish steak, as opposed to a "filete" or fillet. The rueda (which literally means "wheel") is cut crosswise, the filete lengthwise.

"Cotorra" is a parrotfish in some Spanish-speaking countries. But common names can vary from country to country and even area to area.

"Carite" is a mackerel in some Spanish-speaking countries, a mako shark in others.

posted by gerry2
0

Carite - fish, I see is known as Cero Mackerel Thanks to
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Gallery/Descript/CeroMackerel/CeroMackerel.html.
Hope this helps, I don´t like it very much, mind you I only liked european mackerel if eaten within two hours of being caught.

posted by Richard-Johnston
0

Thank You...Those names were on the fish in the market...perhaps rueda also implies a steak cut vs filet...It was frozen food which all looked looked like fish and was with other seafood..maybe there is a parrot fish,,,I'll do some research....

posted by Toby
0

well, i dont know the first two
but rueda isnt a fish, its a wheel
and cotorra is a parrot

posted by Teresa