HomeQ&AHow do you say "lock-in date"?

How do you say "lock-in date"?

2

How do you say "lock-in date"?

posted by ddpenny
Very good question. - webdunce, FEB 10, 2010

1

la fecha última que uno puede hacer una reserva

es el 31 de Marzo.

Esta frase es perfecta, Webgrin

Gracias. - webdunce, FEB 10, 2010
I think that works! Thanks for your help! - ddpenny, FEB 11, 2010
0

If this is the case, there might not be so much a word in Spanish as a phrase describing the idea behind the word.

the lock-in date is March 31 => the last date you can sign up is March 31 => la fecha última que uno puede hacer una reserva es el 31 de Marzo.

or possibly...

la fecha última para hacer reservas es el 31 de Marzo (I often think I overuse que)

And I would like to confirmation from Heidita on this before you go off thinking it is correct. I am not Spanish by any stretch of the imagination and I have no idea if this is right or not or if it would garner chuckles from all Spanish speakers that see it.

edited by webdunce
posted by webdunce
0

I think this is usually a deal where an event is planned and you must make your reservations by the "lock-in date" (am I right?). Or, basically, the last day that you can sign up for some event or other.

edited by webdunce
posted by webdunce
Exactly! - ddpenny, FEB 10, 2010
0

Oh, welcome to the forum, pennygrin

fecha límite, fecha de entrega, if it is a work thing.

May be you can give a sentence in contextwink

0

Would that be log-in-date by any chance?

No. It means the last date when something can be done. Specifically, "the lock-in date is March 31" - ddpenny, FEB 10, 2010