0

"A" vs. 'hasta," "de" vs. "desde." When do you use which?

Are these interchangeable. I had only used "hasta" for "since" but now I'm seeing it to mean "to." Desde I had never used.

2

Hasta means until and desde means from. Desde and de are the ones that seem to get people confused. You could use desde to say "I can see my house from here!" Puedo ver mi casa desde aqui.

There is a very good song by a Colombian signer, Juanes, that goes... "Desde que despierto hasta que duermo." Which translates into "from when I awake until I sleep." It uses both of the words that you asked about.

• Feb 8, 2010
1

Hasta means until or "up to".. I'm gonna be there until 8:00. I'm gonna be there "up to" "up until" "until" 8:00. It is in no way interchangeable with "A". Desde means since. It is not interchangeable with de.

1. Voy a la fiesta hasta ocho. I am going to the party until 8.
  2. Ha estado enfermo desde ayer. He's been sick since yesterday.
  3. Ha estado enfermo desde hace dos años. He's been sick for two years.
  4. Es "noche de damas". Mujeres beben gratis. It's ladies night. Women drink free.
0

help me with my question!

http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/125887/i-need-help-with-a-translation

• Feb 8, 2010
0

One of the entries for "de" listed in the RAE...

de prep. desde (‖ con idea de punto en el espacio o en el tiempo).

...demonstrates that in some instances the two words (desde and de) show some overlap. For example, either construction is possible in the following:

• Vuelos baratos De/desde Madrid a Toledo.

• Abierto de/desde nueve a una.

0

Gracias todos , Thats also help me I was searching for that thing also

• Nov 29, 2011