Por vs para and reflexive prepositional pronouns
Can someone confirm that I'm understanding correctly the meaning of por vs para when using a reflexive prep pronoun?
- él debe hacerlo para sí -> "he should do it for himself"
- él debe hacerlo por sí -> "he should do it (by) himself"
For bonus points, how would one articulate the impersonal versions of same?
- one should do it for oneself
- one should do it (by) oneself
* one should do it for oneself * one should do it (by) oneself
The same form means himself, itself, oneself
mismo is often included for emphasis
por sí mismo= by oneself
Se debe hacerlo por sí mismo.
Check out this reference: http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/100035/para-and-por