Help with Spanish sentence.

0

Hello!
I am attending an Uppercase Living party tomorrow and am designing a phrase in Spanish for my kitchen. I would like to say, "God is my hope and strength." I think it should be: El Senior es mi esperanza y fuerza. Is this correct? Thanks so much for your help. Harriet

posted by Harriet

0

Also, if you go with the original, drop the "i". es el señor not senIor. entonces: el señor es mi ....

edited by lagartijaverde
posted by lagartijaverde
0

Thanks so much for your help. God bless you! Harriet

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by Harriet
0

I'd go with Harriot and use "Dios". If you wonder about the distinction, "Dios" is "god" and senor is "lord" as in " lord jesus etc...

Oh yeah, I'm in Scotland way up in the hills :--)

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by lagartijaverde
0

Thank you so very much for your help. This lettering is going in my kitchen and I wanted it to be correct. Thank you for your most excellent help. So, there is a difference between fuerza and fortaleza'? Thanks, Harriet

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by Harriet
0

Thank you so much for your input. Don't worry about accents. Uppercase Living is lettering which is applied to a wall, glass, wood, anything that is smooth. You can pick your own font and font size in a variety of colors. You buy this through a distributor. I am going to a party
(you know like Tupperware) party today to order my lettering and wanted to make sure I got it right. So, I should say "Dios is mi esperanza y fuerza" right? I am in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Where are you writing from? Thanks again and God bless you. Harriet

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by Harriet
0

Sorry. Haven't worked out the keyboard yet. I mean how to make my UK keyboard to do the accents. Put that down to a languid approach :--)

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by lagartijaverde
0

And don't forget the tilde señor
My personal preference is Dios, no question who that is.

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by motley
0

God is my hope and strength - Dios es mi esperanza y fortaleza.

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by kate2
0

Well, I don't know, but other answeres say it is correct,I am just wondering if God would be translated as El Senior''!!

updated MAR 30, 2008
posted by Golnaz