How did you learn English/Spanish/your second language? And where?

1

I was curious, how did you learn English/Spanish/any other language you speak as a second language?

updated NOV 6, 2009
posted by sarahjs

3

I am Czech and that's my first language. I learnt English and German at the elementary school and high school, now I also study German at the university. Besides that I haven't attended any courses, but I also practise by reading books, reading and posting on internet forums and such. Now I learn Spanish for the second year. I attend courses where the quality is very good but I still find it difficult. I also love listening to some Spanish music [particularly Héroes del Silencio, Enrique Bunbury, Tierra Santa - I love these.]

And greetings to all... It's my first post here smile

updated NOV 6, 2009
posted by Avolarx
Avo - you are most welcome.
You just rec'd your first "rep" points.
Gracias :)
Hello and welcome
Dobrý den. Vítej na fóru. ;) (Buenas tardes. Bienvenida al foro.)
1

Go to a spanish language school in a spanish language speaking country.

updated OCT 27, 2009
posted by martynhoffmann
0

I got really good grasp of English by watching and listening to guys like Tony Robbins and Richard Bandler. Especially the latter uses full range of vocabulary from highest level of science to ... not to be quoted here. wink I would be more then happy to find things like this in Spanish.

updated OCT 26, 2009
edited by Behemoth
posted by Behemoth
Did you mean to say "guys?"
Lol. I just pee'd my pants a little :)
;) Thanks.
0

I am still a beginner, but I can't afford to move to a native spanish country so I just practice where ever I am at, and try to immerse myself anyway I can with spanish literature, movies, music, etc...

updated OCT 26, 2009
posted by cheeseisyummy