Guilty Pleasures

4

I was wondering if the expression Guilty Pleasure exists/is used in Spanish. In English the expression can refer to:

1). Something that is really not good for you, but you like it anyway. For example: I know I shouldn't, but having that extra scoop of ice-cream after the kids are in bed is one of my guilty pleasures.

2). Something that you love or love to do, but cannot bear to admit that you do usually for fear of ridicule. For example: One of my son's guilty pleasures is to watch episodes of Hannah Montana when none of his friends are around.

I imagine that you could put a similar phrase together in Spanish such as placer vergonzante or possibly placer culpable, but what I am wondering is if a similar idiom like this is commonly used in Spanish.

¿Qué piensas? I am eager to here your answers grin

updated OCT 18, 2009
edited by Izanoni1
posted by Izanoni1
very good question, voy a ver si pienso algo

2

Ahhhh, ya me acuerdo :

Placeres prohibidos

Es lo que decimos en Españasmile

updated OCT 18, 2009
Thanks Heidita
I suppose that would be along the lines of "forbidden pleasures"
3

We all live on the same planet, have the same life. We only use different words to describe the same things. Washing dishes is washing dishes. Taking out the trash is taking out the trash. Here...there...everywhere. Even on the space shuttle. wink I'd say Mi placer que no sirve. wink

updated OCT 18, 2009
edited by ChamacoMalo
posted by ChamacoMalo
1

Oh!!! Sorry...I don't know. I like to use sites that have spanish dichos when I run across something I don't know. I didn't research your answer...but you can check out http://www.spanishpronto.com/spanishpronto/spanishsayings.html or google "spanish dichos"...I'm sure there exists a saying for it! wink

updated OCT 18, 2009
posted by ChamacoMalo
Thanks Chris and thanks for the link as well.
0

Hi Chris

We all live on the same planet, have the same life. We only use different words to describe the same things. Washing dishes is washing dishes. Taking out the trash is taking out the trash. Here...there...everywhere. Even on the space shuttle. I'd say Mi placer que no sirve nada.

First of all, thanks for such a quick response to my question

In your response it seems (and I could be misinterpreting) that you are pointing out that it is possible to express the idea of a guilty pleasure in Spanish; however, my actual question was not so much whether it was possible to express the idea "guilty pleasure" in Spanish but more about whether a common idiom expressing this idea already exists in Spanish.

updated OCT 17, 2009
posted by Izanoni1