What does "promo" mean?

0

I just want to know what it means.

updated SEP 23, 2009
edited by 00494d19
posted by suckONthis

0

Oh, ok. I'm wondering because this person wears a ring on his finger, and it says promo 2005. He says its a graduation ring.

Promo 2005 = Promoción del 2005

Yes, a graduation ring we say promo, short for promoción

updated SEP 23, 2009
0

Oh, ok. Im wondering because this person wears a ring on his finger, and it says promo 2005. He says its a graduation ring.

updated SEP 23, 2009
posted by suckONthis
Are you sure it doesn't say "Prom" 2005?
Also, that could be the name of the high school or college if its a ring, like "B.H.S 1950" is short for Bambi High School 2005
i could have misread it.
0

I am certain that either the word is "prom" and you accidentally misread it, OR, the ring is accidentally misspelled.

A "prom" is a kind of event that includes music and dancing for students who are about to graduate soon.

updated SEP 23, 2009
posted by miloszdom
0

No, not a graduation. I think the CONNOTATIONS of "promo" is much more related to advertisements. Like a free sample of food at a supermarket might be a "promo." Or a party that is bringing attention to a product (or a fundraiser) could be a promo.

updated SEP 23, 2009
posted by miloszdom
Yeah I agree, promos are more related to "commercial" sales, not personal events like a graduation. You could maybe "promote" the graduation, but it wouldn't be considered a "promo" in my opinion.
0

would that include things like graduation ?

updated SEP 23, 2009
posted by suckONthis
0

of, pertaining to, or involving the promotion of a product, event, etc.;

updated SEP 23, 2009
posted by cheeseisyummy