Can you proofread these statements for me?
- se prohibe fumar - prohibted to smoke
- se prohibe tener afilado objecto - prohibited to have sharp objects
- se prohibe corriendo abajo el ppasillo - prohibited to run down the aisle
- se prohibe gritar - prohibited to yell
- Hay que aborcharse el cinturon - one must fasten seat belt
- Hay que apagar los aparatos portatiles inalambricos - one must turn off electrical devices
- Hay que tener pasaporte - one must have their passport
- Hay que poner bolso debajo de asiento o poner en el compartimento superior - one must put carry ons under their seat or in the overhead compartment
These are rules are meant for the airplane, thanks!
objetos afilados (no c in objeto)
se prohibe correr (where else could you run but in the aisle?)
bolso means bag, not sure it covers all carry-on's, laptops, briefcases, etc.
debajo del asiento
I'd wait for a native that is probably familiar with how these are actually said.
carry-on luggage equipaje de mano
Hay que apagar los aparatos portatiles inalambricos - one must turn off electrical devices
One must turn off portable, wireless devices. (pagers, cell phones, PDAs, laptops, Ipods, etc.)
Don't ask someone to shut off his pacemaker, wristwatch, or hearing aid!