HomeQ&AHow you say I like you?

How you say I like you?

0

I want to say to a young lady that I like her.

updated SEP 2, 2009
edited by 00494d19
posted by justG

3

That is a question for a native speaker for sure, which I am not. You would need to know more than Spanish grammar to answer that question. Somebody that is really familiar with Latino culture would be better.

Here is my best answer:

"te quiero" = I like you, but more like I LOVE you.

"te amo" = I love you

"Me gustas" = I like you.

I guess it depends on if you want to say, "I like you as a person, I respect you, I think you're a great person, etc; or maybe you want to say that you like this person in a more "I love you" type of way. Let's see what other people say.

updated SEP 2, 2009
posted by Lezipo
0

I got "me caes bien" a lot when I was in mexico. Also, "tienes buena onda" which is more like "you have a good vibe"

updated SEP 2, 2009
edited by Eddy
posted by esoesbasura
Eso, please be aware that it is mandatory on this forum to use correct capitalization, punctuation, etc. We have lots of people learning English here and we don't want to confuse them. - --Mariana--, SEP 1, 2009
Yes, "me caes bien" is a great one! - Lezipo, SEP 1, 2009
0

HI eso and jennie,,please use the correct spelling and capitalization.

It is clear that Usted está awesome, if understood anywhere, is complete spanglish, so out of the question.

Justg, Lecipo's answer is the one you are looking for.

Lecipo, good job!

updated SEP 2, 2009
0

usted está totalmente awsome!

updated SEP 2, 2009
posted by jennie-9669
awesome o ¿puedo comprarla una bebida? ¿Quieres ir a mi piso y...? ¿Quieres ser la madre de mis hijos? subtle hints like those. - 0074b507, SEP 1, 2009
omg...lol, quentin at his best! jejejejejeje - 00494d19, SEP 2, 2009